1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My name is nasonm and I have a craigslist problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nasonm, Nov 3, 2013.

1. nasonm

nasonm

Jan 28, 2004
    Bangor, ME
    Just picked this up locally for $75 with a hard shell case and extra set of strings! It's an exceptionally clean Epi Thunderbird.

DSCN0293sm_zps2350bc0d.

2. Miskatonic

Miskatonic

Sep 15, 2009
    Portland, OR
    That's your problem? Wish I could have "problems" like that, sheesh. We'll all congratulate you for a great find and quietly hate you at the same time. :p

3. I may be new here but, I could take on problems like that. I just bought a Squier P-Bass for $20,,, That's the kind of problems we should all have sir.

4. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    if its really that big a problem, I guess I could take if off your hands for you... ;)

5. nasonm

nasonm

Jan 28, 2004
    Bangor, ME
    Last winter I got a mid 90s MIM Squire P Bass for $40. So you beat me there!

6. WretchedExcess

WretchedExcess

Jul 29, 2013
    That's one killer deal. Congrats!

7. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I thought i did good scoring my short scale SX P for $75 off CL but you guys have me beat!

Everyone wins!

20131103_150458_zps5a76f339.

8. I love these deals (Addicted) they throw up on CL.

9. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Dude you don't have a problem you have a gift! Geeze the case alone is worth $75 bucks.

10. reakin

reakin

Apr 26, 2010
    So basically you bought a used T-bird case and got the bass for free! Pretty sweet deal.

11. I hate to be the bucket of cold water, but are you sure this isn't hot?

12. I think my next purchase is going to be a 4 string (even though I solely play 5 strings right now) Epi T-bird Pro...and this bass is reinforcing that. -_-

13. Garyth

Garyth Now What ..?

Sep 9, 2013
    Punta Gorda Florida
    Got my SX jr for $41 via Goodwill :)

14. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Dang! Time to start actually going in to GoodWill instead of just dropping of unwanted items...;)

15. nasonm

nasonm

Jan 28, 2004
    Bangor, ME
    I'm pretty sure. After researching it, the seller had been trying to sell it for 2 months on CL. That, plus I always go into CL deals carefully to avoid such things.

I once got a deal so good, I called the local police afterward to see if it was stolen.

16. Cl was a big deal in my area for a while. Sadly the western union scams have turned away most sellers in my area.