1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Neck Adventure

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by kph24, Apr 17, 2009.

1. kph24

kph24

Dec 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Eastman Basses
    Ok so I bought a 2500 Tribute Maple/Blue burst back in September from Rocket Music and I recently had to get it set up because of a lot of buzz issues on the neck and I went to a G&L tech pro and he told me it needed a new neck. I then called Greg at Rocket music and he e-mailed me same day with a copy of the bill of sale. I then called G&L and talked to Chris the Manager of Repairs and he was very helpful. I live only about 45 min from the factory so I was able to drop the bass off myself, I met Chris showed him the bass and he said he would take care of it. Everyone was really nice it was a nice experience. They treated me very well even though I am just a kid trying to get a music degree. Props to G&L's customer relations :) I will post with the new neck info

2. Great news! It's good to hear that it's going smoothly.

Where are you going to school?

Ken...

3. kph24

kph24

Dec 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Eastman Basses
    Citrus College right now For an AA and I have to look at some Transfer Schools this Summer

4. Excellent! Hope the transfer goes well.

Ken...

5. kph24

kph24

Dec 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Eastman Basses
    I got a call from Chris yesterday and he told me that my bass is ready with a new neck I will have to pick it up on Friday due to my bust schedule but I think a six day turn around is awesome :)
    After I get it back I will let you guys know the verdict

6. kph24

kph24

Dec 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Eastman Basses
    I got my Bass back today and The neck is better it Still needs a setup but I don't have buzzes everywhere after i get it to a tech i will give a final update

7. PJD

PJD

Jan 25, 2004
    The Ocean State
    The first neck on my L2000 tribute was bad and they sent a new one to my dealer no questions asked. I can't remember the exact turnaround but it was really fast and the bass has sounded and played great ever since.

8. kph24

kph24

Dec 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Eastman Basses
    I was finally able to get my bass to the shop and I am picking it up on Wednesday morning at the end of the day I should be able to post some type of conclusion