My neck hurts.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by banalfreshness, Oct 18, 2000.

1. banalfreshness

banalfreshness

Oct 18, 2000
    I've had my bass for almost a year now and I'm just now starting to get into it more seriously (I would have been serious sooner, but paintball interferes). Anyway, my problem is this: one day, about 5 months ago, I went and visited my mom for a few days. Once I got to her home I hung out for a while. When I got bored I pulled out my baby. (B.C. Rich Warlock <4 string>) I started playing the few things I can pick out. I felt something with my hand on the neck. I turned Bessie over and noticed a crack in her neck. I was distraught. Time went by and it faded from my memory, but like I said, I'm getting more serious about bass playing, and I was curious if there was any place I could buy a replacement neck from or if I had to "scrap" Bessie and get a new one. (Mind you I will never "scrap" Bessie. When the time comes to retire Bessie, I will hang her up somewhere so that everyone can admire my first bass guitar.) Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D Banalfreshness

2. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
  3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    "paintball"...interfered with playing bass? I think it is more likely, that you broke "Bessie's" heart. :)

4. banalfreshness

banalfreshness

Oct 18, 2000
    Yeah....Wooooooooo! Thanks for the help. Yes, paintball does get in the way. In fact, Sunday I will be leaving my home in NW Georgia and will be heading to Florida for the World Cup of paintball. I'll come back after a week or so. :D Banalfreshness

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Wow...I didn't even know thaat there WAS a World Cup of Paintball.
    Good Luck!!!!! :)

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Unless if you wanna carve the head stock i don't think your gonna be able to get the devil/widow head stock for it. also try http://www.mosesgraphite.com for replacement necks. thats all

7. banalfreshness

banalfreshness

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks for the help. :D