Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My neck hurts.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by banalfreshness, Oct 18, 2000.

1. banalfreshness

banalfreshness

Oct 18, 2000
    I've had my bass for almost a year now and I'm just now starting to get into it more seriously (I would have been serious sooner, but paintball interferes). Anyway, my problem is this: one day, about 5 months ago, I went and visited my mom for a few days. Once I got to her home I hung out for a while. When I got bored I pulled out my baby. (B.C. Rich Warlock <4 string>) I started playing the few things I can pick out. I felt something with my hand on the neck. I turned Bessie over and noticed a crack in her neck. I was distraught. Time went by and it faded from my memory, but like I said, I'm getting more serious about bass playing, and I was curious if there was any place I could buy a replacement neck from or if I had to "scrap" Bessie and get a new one. (Mind you I will never "scrap" Bessie. When the time comes to retire Bessie, I will hang her up somewhere so that everyone can admire my first bass guitar.) Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D Banalfreshness

2. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
  3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    "paintball"...interfered with playing bass? I think it is more likely, that you broke "Bessie's" heart. :)

4. banalfreshness

banalfreshness

Oct 18, 2000
    Yeah....Wooooooooo! Thanks for the help. Yes, paintball does get in the way. In fact, Sunday I will be leaving my home in NW Georgia and will be heading to Florida for the World Cup of paintball. I'll come back after a week or so. :D Banalfreshness

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Wow...I didn't even know thaat there WAS a World Cup of Paintball.
    Good Luck!!!!! :)

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Unless if you wanna carve the head stock i don't think your gonna be able to get the devil/widow head stock for it. also try http://www.mosesgraphite.com for replacement necks. thats all

7. banalfreshness

banalfreshness

Oct 18, 2000