my neck is warping... HELP MEEEE

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dougluvsbass, Jan 25, 2001.

1. dougluvsbass

Jan 16, 2001
    someone has to help help help! My neck is warping near the end of the guitar and its making me mad because the strings around the 20th fret are getting a little too far away from the neck.... can someone help me reverse this or am i doomed and have to buy a replacement for a neck which i really dont want to do.... thank you, all of you that help...
  2. Your neck may just need the truss rod adjusted. Find a good repair guy, or learn how to do it yourself ( for setup instructions). Be warned that if you don't know what you are doing, you can totally ruin your neck, so be careful and only adjust the truss rod if you feel comfortable doing so.

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It sounds (as far as I can tell) like a case where you need to tighten up the truss rod. Try a quarter turn, clockwise - no more - on the truss rod and then leave it overnight and see if the situation improves - even if only slightly.

If it does, try another quarter turn, leave it overnight and look again. Repeat this until it gets to an acceptable situation and don't be tempted to turn it too much too soon or any more than you need - it's an easy thing to do,but it's also easy to go too far and break the truss rod - which is a BAD thing!