My new 1001rb-II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Dec 23, 2004.

1. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    I just got got it. Man what a sight.... Riks RULES!!!!!!!
    But I have a problem, I only have a 60 watt Laney combo and UglyBassPlayer said I could use the 1001rb-II on the combo by putting the GK's FX send into the Laneys' FX return, but that isn't working. Please help me out here. When I hook it in I can definetly tell from the hum I'm getting out of my speaker that the two have met, but something is holding me back, despite ALL the volume knobs bieng even I just can't get my bass through it. I'd be a little bummed if I seriously have to wait untill I get the rest of the money for my Avatar.
  2. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh cool, I got it to work by putting the GKs' FX send in the Laney's FX return and plugging the bass into the the GK's input. It sounds pretty good, especially when I can A/B the two so easily. The combo amplifiers' tone/volume controls do NOT matter.

Something weird though, the ENTIRE Voice Filter section is completely useless theres no difference in what I do.
    That active EQ is cool though.
  3. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Nevermind the previous posts, this amp sounds GREAT. I mean this things kicks TORRENTS of @$$. Man, I can't even imagine how this would sound with a B212.Only 165 bucks more to go. Gallien Krueger RULES!!!!
  4. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Shhhhh, we GK owners are trying to keep it a secret! He he he. :cool:
  5. I got the 700RB-II (same thing, less power) and it's a kick ass amp. I love my GK!
  6. another one into the GK fold, dammit im jealous.. congrats on getting head! ;)
  7. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Do tell! :hyper:
  8. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Glad to see you got it to work. I guess I forgot to tell you to plug into the GK's input and NOT the Laney's.

Good luck with it... I've been very pleased with mine so far.

- Ugly.
  9. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I feel inclined lately to chime in on these GK posts, just a sucker for a chance to rave. great tone, nice and flat and flexible and growly or clean. Congrats.
  10. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004

Mr.Elliot, I wouldn't mind shaking your hand, and if you wouldn't mind, please tell Mr.Gallien that I would take my hat off to him. One more happy customer for Gallien Kreuger.
  11. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    GK Rocks!!

Couldn't be happier with my 700RB-II/210SBX/115SBX.
  12. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yep, I bought one too. Great amp!'

:hyper: :bassist: :D :bassist: :hyper:
  13. rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i've had mine for a month (from riks) and i couldn't be happier.
    continue to preach the gospel of GK. it's catching on nicely.
  14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

GK 1001RBII will be major purchase for 2005! I like my Hartke 5500 but "dammit Scotty, I need more power"!! And it'll look nicer on top of my little stack!
  15. Well said. Thats exactly the way I feel.
  16. Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Since the fan points up instead of back, what have people been doing in a rackmount? Don't want to fry the awesome amp baby!
    Mike Tuna
  17. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Vented single space rack panel:

18. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    What Cabinets are those? Are they the Neo's or something else? Bet it sounds great!
  19. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Look's like the newer SBX cabs.
  20. Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Alrighty then, Seems like a lot of rack for just an amp! I'm going to start building my rackmount & effects from scratch real soon! Thanks for the info man.