Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new 5er

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by themajorrager, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Howdy all,

just thought id post some pics of my new baby. having started out on a four and playing fours for the past three years i thought id step upto a five. so here it is a Spector Legend 5AS. gotta love that quilted maple top. oh yeah by the way it sounds awesome and the neck feels fantastic and is very comfortable to play.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also wondering if anyone has any ideas which tabs i should study in order to get used to playing my 5. :help:
    thanks. :bassist:

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
  3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    whicked nice bass.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont think he was asking for a site, more,songs that use Low B. And why would you go to TC? TC is for pre teens.

5. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i understand the same as you,and he can make a search in tabcrawler and find hundreds of songs with B-string :bassist:

6. What you could do is learn the 4 string songs you know again in a higher position using the B string.

7. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
  8. so true

9. thanks nettor for the link. i should have made it clearer what i meant by "tab for a 5 string". i want to learn how to utilise the full register of the b string. so if anyone knows of any good songs(with tab) that will help me do that and get me more comfortable with my new bass then please let me know.
    cheers
    :bassist: