Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New 5er

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Old Ell, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Old Ell

Old Ell

Feb 24, 2002
    St. Paul, MN
  2. Nice bass for 299.

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    hey. just save up some money and buy a standard 4 string bass or 5 string bass from www.dpcustom.com
    they aren't expensive and they look awsome.
    and they play awsome. i would bet alot of money that they play 100 times better than that washburn would!
    it is worth it to save and buy a nice one.
    i have gone through 6 basses in 8 months.
    i had a cheap bass then got a little money than i got just a little better bass. than when i got a little more money got a better bass.
    no if i were just to save for awhile i could have had a killer bass!!!!!!
    trust me it is worth it!!!!!!

steve

4. Old Ell

Old Ell

Feb 24, 2002
    St. Paul, MN
    ....but, yeah there's no way in hell;) It has taken me sooo long to get enough just for the washburn and like i said, i have no complaints about the sound. I've played it and I love it. And I've heard from many that it is good as some basses that cost twice as much as it. So basically if I had more money, hell those basses look awesome, but for now, I'll have to go a little lower on the scale.(If I have to wait as long as I waited for the 300 i have for a 5er AGAIN, well then I'd probably go nuts.)

5. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    ....then that's all that matters:)

We could give you suggestions till we're blue in the face, but it probably won't change your mind, let alone your financial situation:)

I've played this bass. It's not on par with a lot of basses 'twice as expensive' but it certainly holds it's own in it's price bracket. You won't be disappointed, I'm sure.

Just buy it and enjoy it...sounds like ya already know ya like it:)

Alex