My New 60th Anniversary P-Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groundloop, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I've been looking to add a passive 4 string to the 'collection' for a while now, and when I saw that Long & McQuade (a national chain up here in the Great White North), still had some of these in stock and was clearing them out this month, I scampered down to the closest location and snagged me one. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Nice and light (right around 8lbs), good fretwork with no sharp ends, and a decent setup out of the box, though I did lower the saddles a touch and tweaked the intonation. The only quality niggle is that the nut slot for the 'A' string might be a touch shallow. It pops out when I wipe the strings after playing, but it's fine while playing. Might just be because the 'A' has the shallowest break angle over the nut. I'm digging the finish too. Depending on the angle the light hits it, it looks silver, pearl white, or a kind of champagne colour. So far I've only been able to play it through my studio monitors (using an MBox2 as a DI), and what can I say? It sounds like a p-bass. I expect the meaty goodness to be enhanced when I get to play it through my Yorkville-Bergie-Avatar rig tomorrow. :bassist:

Attached Files:

2. ExaltBass

ExaltBass XBass Cables Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Verrry Nice! (GOTTA LOVE A P) :cool: