1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new 60th Anniversary USA Precision (pics)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crabby, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I'm so excited! I have never owned a P-bass before and this deal came along today and I knew I had to grab it. Its a lefty 2006 60th Anniversary USA Precision with the matching case. It was considered "new old stock" as it had been sitting on the wall for the better part of 3 years. I had picked her up a few times in the past was always a little put off by the horrible setup, the fact that it was covered in dust, had old dead strings, the fretboard was dried out and the price was insane.

The list on this bass was over $1700 Canadian and the store was still asking about $1300 when a new 2008 USA P-bass could be had for $1050.

Well now the 08 USA Standards are topping $1400 Canadian and this baby was marked down to $995!!!

Not a mark on her. I traded in a MIM Jazz and some pedals, and brought her home! After some fretboard treatment, new strings, a full set up and a good polish, she is an amazing instrument. Fairly heavy but not overly so. The 62 reissue pickup sounds fantastic. I noticed there is no round hole under the pickguard as most USA and MIM basses have. The cloth wiring was impressive as well. I could do without the S-1 switch but I will be keeping this bass all original. Even the parchment pickguard is softer in color then the plastic white ones.

The case is to die for and all the candy was included. The plastic was still on the pickguard and she makes a wonderful companion to my 08 USA Jazz.

I know the anniversary models won't likely be worth any more then a regular USA Fender in the future and the upgrades to the 08's are very sweet. But for the price I got this baby at, and todays's prices for new Fenders, I think I did ok.

MyP-bass015.

MyP-bass011.

MyP-bass032.

MyP-bass025.

MyP-bass030.

MyP-bass016.

MyP-bass013.

MyP-bass005.

MyP-bass029.

2. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    You should put a tort guard on that P so they match. :bassist:

Nice score.

3. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Thanks. I do like torte but the white on this one looks quite nice in person. The photos don't do the bass justice at all.

4. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    I have the same but the right-handed version :D

DSCN3348.

5. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Hey nice bass! Those Black beauties on yours? How do you like them? The pickguard looks great too. I may have to consider a torte conversion.

I am loving the old school thump I'm getting from this bass! So different then my Jazz or Stingrays but very addicting!

6. Are you from nanaimo vancouver island by any chance

7. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    Nope those are Fender Tapewounds :)

thanks!

8. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Chilliwack actually. :)

9. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Cool. never tried those.

10. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Nice bass. I think you did all right too. That case is way cool.

11. ciubz

ciubz

Jan 30, 2005
    Nice pair :)

12. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Thanks guys. I tightened the truss rod a bit today and wow, what an improvement. I have the action nice and low and with a new set of Slinky's, this bass sounds amazing. Plays like butter. The P tone is new to me and I am so digging it!