1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new Accu-Bass and Kustom KBA80

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pablo Fanque, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Pablo Fanque

Pablo Fanque

Apr 1, 2009
    Today at lunch I picked up a pretty nice Gibson Epiphone Accu-Bass, sunburst, and a Kustom KBA80 amp. The pawn shop owner threw in a few cables. It was $300 out the door.

Not sure how old the amp is. Needs to be dusted/wiped down. I liked the sound and it's in really good condition.

I checked the serial number on the bass. It was made in November 1997. It has the "J" prefix which wiki says means it's from Japan, but I can't verify that by any other source. Not sure how much that matters since I like the play and the sound.

I'm very satisfied. I played the bass several times. It played better than new basses in the $150 price range. In fact, I liked it better than a few new models that were $300-400 that I played at Guitar Center. I don't think it can hold its own against something like the 74 Ric 4001, but it plays/sounds nice for my budget.

Can't wait to get home, clean it all up and play!

2. Pablo Fanque

Pablo Fanque

Apr 1, 2009
    Oh, I haven't had a chance to take a pic of mine, but it's almost identical to this one. The only differences I can see is that mine has the "Gibson" nameplate on the headstock and no thumb rest.

[​IMG]