1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new Aguilar Filter Twin sucks with the Boss GEB-7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gary mitchell, May 1, 2018.

1. sort of weird i love my new filter twin after learning how to use it, but there is a one problem well not a big problem, on my board i have a first a Keeley Bassist, Filter Twin, Fuzz pedal which was made for me and i love it, Boss GEB-7 and a Boss DD-3 delay. It all sound s wonderful until you turn on the GEB-7 and then it sucks. I put the GEB-7 everywhere in the chain set it a hundred different ways and I finally realize it sucks tone for me. With out it its wonderful. And I am one of those guys that you can just over eq, i just like the eq on my amp mostly. But the Boss GEB-7 on my rig nasty awful. I maybe going to trade it to a guy for a Boss MO-2. just something different. 00W0W_9IgB4oCidF7_1200x900. vzzhzshaooo6skj9hojy. 00W0W_9IgB4oCidF7_1200x900. vzzhzshaooo6skj9hojy. 00W0W_9IgB4oCidF7_1200x900. vzzhzshaooo6skj9hojy.

2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Gary, what job did you intend an EQ pedal to do in this setup?

It's possible that it's a job that didn't need doing after all. If the rest of the setup sounds good to you, then maybe not using any EQ pedal would be fine.

3. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Just double checking the obvious - you don’t have a preamp in your bass do you? If so, your bass has eq, your amp has eq, obviously your GEB-7 has eq...
    Make one last ditch with everything flat and then tweak only the pedal eq settings. You could be doubling up on the same freq. - also, if you like your tone with the GEB off the board, that’s probably the better answer.

gary mitchell likes this.