Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Aguilar!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mstott25, Oct 20, 2005.

1. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    Just got the AG500SC on Tuesday and couldn't be happier with this amazing head. I also got the GS112 for my small jazz combos.

I've always had combo amps but my last combo amp (Ashdown ABM EVO 500) was just too heavy and not exactly what I wanted. I set out to get an amp that was the tone I was looking for and easier to transport. I played many heads including Kustom, Trace Elliot, GK, Eden, SWR, Mesa, Peavey, and a few others and the Aguilar was just hands down the choice for me. I'm mostly playing jazz these days and I like a deep warm sound but I also will play R&B and Funk occasionally and I love to get a warm sound with a sharp attack and Aguilar just nailed it for me. I tried out many cabinets also and in the end was most comfortable with the GS112. I can carry the head, cabinet, and my bass all in one trip with ease (especially compared to my Ashdown).

I was very happy with a lot of the heads I played and in the end it came down to Eden, Mesa, and the Aguilar but it was never really close because after playing the AG500, no other amp really impressed me as much. Also, I have to mention, I got this head for an AMAZING price from the great guys at The Groove Shoppe. First time I dealt with them and was super impressed.

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Very Cool!!
    Congratulations....look forward to gig reports

3. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Sounds like you're as happy with yours as I am mine.
    Congrats. :bassist:

4. Yep, got my DB750 from the Grooveshoppe too... Joel is cool and great to deal with!! He followed up with me a couple times to make sure I was happy.. I'm happy.

5. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    wait till you try it wit 2 GS112s :)

6. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado