Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new amp! .. and 1 problem...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Aug 7, 2004.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey gang!

I got my new Fender 300 Pro amp head a couple weeks ago and finally got pictures of it so I thought I would share it with you all. It's my first all tube amp so I'm pretty excited. It sounds pretty good at practice although it heats up the basement quite a bit while we are playing. haha.

The only issue I have with it is that it is a little too large (depth-wise) to sit on top of my cab so it sits at an angle. I don't know if this is gonna be a problem or not. It is sturdy on top the cab but it makes direct contact with the cab in the back so I don't know if it will rattle the tubes too much. I am posting a couple pics so let me know what you think! Any info as always is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Justin

2. That is quite a bitchin set up man!

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Shouldn't be a problem...as long as the head doesn't vibrate off the speaker cab. Install an extra set of rubber legs just inboard of the existing set. They're readily available at any hardware store. You can either glue 'em or screw 'em on.

4. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Adding new rubber feet is a good idea... I can't believe in two weeks I hadn't thought of that! I'll have to go out and buy some. I don't think it will rattle off the cab.. it's pretty sturdy and heavy so the friction alone keeps it fairly still. Unfortunately my tuner/power conditioner rack will have to sit on the floor next to the cab so they aren't sliding off the amp. haha.

Thanks!

Justin

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Why not just move the back to forward enough to rest on top of your cabinet?

The center of mass is still between the feet so the amp won't flip off the back...it might not look "right" from the side, but it will work correctly.

I did this with an amp that sat on top of a different Ampeg cabinet...worked just fine.