1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My New Aquisitions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rodl2005, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Thought I'd post a pic(from phone- I just got 'em!!) of my new Reggie Hamilton Jazz & new 2nd hand Epi Explorer!!!!

:hyper:

View attachment 104087

I got lucky & sold a couple of basses a week or two ago!

The Fender RH I've had a couple of days-Active/passive. USA P pup/ Noiseless J bridge pup. 3 band active EQ pup blend & vol-controls. Active/passive switch. Hipshot D tuner! Sounds SUPERB!!!!

The EXPLORER I just got a 1/2 hr ago- it was at a local 2nd hand store!! All working & in pretty good nic. Will post my views on it later.:bassist:

2. u r a very lucky person!!!!!!!!!!

3. Well - I been playin bass since I was 8 yrs old-abouts, in 1970!!! About time I got some decent gear!!! My orig. Fender P. was stolen in Melb. in 1988 Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Still haven't gotten over that!! A 1972 sunburst Precision w/ Maple neck & board. Boo hoo!!!!! along with me old VASE amp. The Reggie H. Jazz has a P. pup so it's a BEAUTY!!! nice tint on the neck too. I just got 2 basses to get rid of now-well soon.... when I'm ready!! A Ibanez AGB140-full 34" semi acoustic. 'tis nice, but now I gotta PAY! And a Squier P5 standard. Which is darn nice- I dunno, but I played it the other day, & it's DAMN fine. Big solid basswood body, I put CTS pots in it & the elecs sound GOOD. Ahhh well, I CAN'T have more than 4 elecs!!! THAT'S MY rule!! Or shoul;d I abolish that?

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    You still have your Stingray, right?

5. Yep, still got me 'ray5!!
    I'm thinking, I'd like to have 4 GOOD basses-& KEEP my wife :p - So:-
    1: EB MM Stingray 5
    2: Fender Amercan Series S1 Jazz
    3: Fender Reggie Hamilton Jazz
    4: ????????

Number 4 will either be one of these OR I buy summink else ;)

- Newly aquired Epiphone Explorer LOVE the gaudiness of the shape!!! Fantastic. Plays well too-set neck, feels good -will see re this one.

- SX/parts P-bass, 80's Ibanez pup, CTS pots. All else on this is stock. It just 'sang' when I 1st picked it up at a 2nd hand store. Real tight neck/body join. Plays well, stays in tune. Has Chromes(flat wounds) on it now & nails that 60's P sound.

-Basses to sell(probly):-
    - Squier 20th Anniversary P 5. Dunno if they're all this nice or what-I've only played this one-but this plays REALLY well, sounds DARN good - body is a really thick P body-would look GREAT as a natural finish!!! hmmmm.
    - Ibanez AGB140 Semi acoustic-single cutaway(LP style) dbl F-holes, set neck. This is a beauty too:bawl:, has a real nice semi-acoustc 'bounce' to it when U pluck a note. Has a strong P bass sound-with the nice big humbucker in the P pos.
    And is a darn nice bass, just I hardly use it!! Think someone who would use it more would benefit from this.

So... what to do???? Anyone!??!?!?! :help:

-

6. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Dang I was going to ask for a tracing of your explorers body if you lived in the states :p

Looks like 2 sweet new basses to me :cool:

7. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Warmoth have an Explorer bass body if that's what you're after. :)

8. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    They don't offer a 5 string version, so i was looking for an explorer bass tracing, then just enlarge it a bit :p

9. Hey Rod,

Not sure if you remember me but i'm the guy you stole the nv 610 off :p

Nice looking basses there. I especially like the look of that reggie hamilton. Did you buy it new?

10. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    You know, there is a guy on here that has a 5 string Warmoth Explorer. He said he worked with them to get all the measurements right. I'm not sure what the guys username is, but it is a trans blue w/ maple top. It is in the "show your warmoths" thread I think.

I will see if I can dig up a picture later. :)