Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Ashbory is on the way!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Basho, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Basho

Basho Guest

2. That is awesome, those things are so cool! The strings are unusual though. You know you're gonna have to post sound clips when you get it RIGHT? :D

3. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I see the previous owner sold when he ran out of G strings. Typical.

I got one with the same problem (THREE sets without Gs, and no G on the bass), but the much better G string available from Mike Tavener makes this problem go away permanently. More Ashbory people should know about Mike.

I believe the new "Ashbory" (not DeArmond) strings from Fender are also a little less prone to the G breakage. The lousy strings FMIC originally sold gave the Ashbory a crippling bad reputation.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/ashborystring

4. Basho

Basho Guest

YEah, I did some searches on Talkbass before I bought and did know about that. Thanks for the heads-up though.

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I was just beside myself to have a two-pound bass. I can play this one quite well, but good right-hand work is a little tough on those soft, sticky strings. It takes some getting used to.