My new ATK-305 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Jan 17, 2004.

1. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I bougth this Black/Black pickguard (used/near mint) Ibanez ATK305 yesterday, and I have to tell you, I´m in love. It sounds really BIG and fits my playing stile like a glove. The guys in my band are really happy too, they can feel and hear every single note, this thing is wonderful, even though is heavy like hell. I´ve to find a wide and well padded strap to help my back.

We recorded our rehersal today, and for the first time I´m happy with my sound, this beast has a lot of growl, I just can´t imagine how it will sound when I put some new strings and adjust the setup to my taste.

Which kind of strings do you, ATK lovers, recomend to use on it??. Also which are your prefered EQ setings for finger, and pick playing?

I know you want pics.....I´ll post´em tomorrow when my drummer bring his digital camera to rehersal....

I know there´s a lot of ATK owners out there, so don´t be shy and show them.
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I used GHS boomers with my ATK with great results..
  3. T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I use Rotosound swing bass on my four string. They're stainless, but I love the sound of them. For the money used, you can't beat the ATK.
  4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Pics! Its the law ;)
  5. Yeep you are right they are realyy nice basses, I got a ATK300, I bought It used, but I havent had the chance to change the strings it came with originally. For finger style playing a usually put the pickup selector in the postion in which it is near the bridge, turn the bass knob all the way up, the middle knob a little bit higher than the middle position and the highs a little bit lower then the middle. For slapping, the pickup selector in the middle, the bass knob all the way up, middle knob almost all cut, and the highs almost reaching the middle. Heres is a picture of mine, and also a sound clip :D :
  6. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I know, i´ll post them soon, have some problems with the camera.

Mine is exactly like yours, only 5 strings.

Hey Malabito, you are in Caracas!!! Vives aqui o solo estas de paso?.

7. Si vale soy de Caracas. Creo que somos los unicos aqui en el forum de Venezuela :cool:. I hope you like your Atk, I have had mine for about a year but I been thinking of turning it into a fretless.
    De que parte de Caracas eres?
  8. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Here are the (crappy) pics, will post some better when I get a decent camera.... :D
  9. You all just like to tease me!

Why oh Why can't I find a 305 in Australia!
    I can see i'm going to have to import one!
  10. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    It looks like a nice bass, get more pics up ASAP!
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Welcome to the ATK club!

Erine Balls, SIT's, any good bright string makes these puppys shine.
  12. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

I´ve always use DM Blue Steels on my Ibanez SR400 and like´em A LOT, any thoughts?? :bassist:
  13. dkbg4real

Aug 26, 2009
    In the Studio
    hey bass lovers ...

I'm a ATK member now!!!
    Check out the ATK750 koa I just got and tell me what you think.

14. Fat K

Fat K

Mar 7, 2008
    Hong Kong SAR
    I use DR Fat Beam - 100 80 60 40
  15. pdubya

Nov 11, 2008