Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new ATK 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SRSiegel, Oct 2, 2001.

1. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their opinions in finding a godo funk/slap bass. I was able to find someone who is selling me a USA Ibanez ATK 5 for $450. yes, this includes the pearloid pickguard, double dot inlays, and the tension free neck. it is a factory second, although he says there is nothign wrong with it at all, i wanna say its probably got som enot so appealing knots in the wood or something like that (its a transparent green finish over american swamp ash) So thanks everyone for your help, i dont have a pic, but heres one that is identical to it except blue:

http://www.gbase.com/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=237999

once again, thanks for all your help guys. ill let ya know how it turns out.

2. Lazy

Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    My first bass ever was an ATK. I bought it cuz I thought it looked like a Stingray.:D

3. Excellent score man, <b>I envy you</b>

4. Mmm nice one, SRSiegel!

Congratulations!

- Wil

5. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    thanks all... one last question for all the ATK players out there: do you guys know of a case that the bass will fit in that i can get off of musiciansfriend.com? i have a gift certificate, and what better way to use it. Im thinking of ordering an SKB-44, as thats kinda the "do-all" case as far as im aware, just not sure if it will fit or not. thanks.

6. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    Congrats on your new bass! I hope you're happy with your purchase.

My ATK fits in a standard Fender gig bag. I got it for $30 from Musician's Friend, and it seems to work fine, but then I prefer gig bags over hard cases.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, man. ATK's are good basses, and the USA models rock!:)

8. Why did they stop making them!!!!!!

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

They didn't stop making them, they just quit importing them into this country.

10. I need to get one new now.

11. Sorry to still this topic away from you SRSiegel, but does anyone know how I would go about getting one overseas new?

12. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Bigfeet-
    I looked around... and it looks like you might be able to score one still. id suggest going to google.com, and searching for "Ibanez ATK" you'll probably find a lot of foreign dealers, that might be willing to ship. btw the new ATK's are the 400 series. the body is smaller, they have a 24 fret neck, and an added J style pickup at the neck. your other option (and the best one i think) is to go to http://www.gbase.com and use their search option. search for an ibanez ATK. theres another USA one there for $900, and several korean 4 strings i think for under 300 bucks. best of luck!

13. bump