Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new baby... Ashdown MAG 250-210H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MaXell, Aug 13, 2004.

1. MaXell

MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    Maryland
    This morning I brought home a new Ashdown MAG 250-210H combo. It’s an older English made model, that my local dealer had never sold. He has the newer China made MAG 300’s on order so he decided to do a price drop to move it out the door and make room for the new stock. I think it lists for $1100 or $1200, he’s had it on the floor for $750, and offered it to me for $500.

I really wasn’t looking to buy this large of an amp for what will be a play-at-home-only-amp, but when he offered me an English made MAG for a China made price , my G.A.S. got the better of me.

It sounds great with my Fender Deluxe P Bass Special that I purchased a few weeks ago. Candy apple red with a white pickguard. I got it used (from the same dealer) but it’s in mint condition. The original owner had already replaced that ugly gold anodized pickguard and installed a BadAss Bass II bridge, both of which I would have done anyway. Anyway, back to playing, I’m loving both of my new purchases.

Jeff

Pix added below....

2. Good score man, you need to post your setup in the "Show Your Rig" thread!

3. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    if we can't see it, we don't believe you (pics ;) )

4. MaXell

MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    Maryland
    hehehe, ok ok

I should have done that when I first brought it home. I know how you people are... :D

I’ll see what I can do. This digital camera takes such crappy pix indoors, so I may have to wait until tomorrow so I can do them outside. Its raining here right now. Were currently in the track of what’s left of the hurricane that just went through Florida.

Jeff

5. MaXell

MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    Maryland
    Here's a quick pic. Sorry not the best quality.

6. MaXell

MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    Maryland
    And one with its good friend...