My New Baby....Cirrus 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ScJaxx, Jun 20, 2002.

1. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    My new baby. Shes a beauty. i just got her at the beginning of this month.

I would say its a big step up from my Cort Artisan C4. i dont consider the 4-6 a huge change, cause i got big hands, and ive already adjusted to it, infact that part only took me like 2 hours.
    I know im probably moving too fast, since this is only my 8th month. but my teacher says im progressing extremely well. so i figured, why not have a better tone than im getting on the Cort.

Its a Walnut/Maple
    lots of tones can be produced, but its very mid-rangy. i wish it were a little lower, but hey, i still love the sound.

here she is
    i named her Vanessa
  2. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    and the back
    i wish you could see the right side better, the walnut there makes a sweet ass pattern that i havent seen in walnut yet:D
    the fretboard is pau ferro by the way.
    the BACK
  3. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice bass, enjoy your bass trip.........
  4. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    yea, i just wish i could play more.
    i play during my lunch hour when i go home. and i play when i get done dinner at 8. and at 11 i go to bed now, cause i have a 8-5 job and i needs my rest.
  5. BillSC

BillSC Guest

May 30, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    Wow...that is a beauty. I just bought a Cirrus 4 string (not bad since I have also ordered a DP Custom 5er...I can feel the GAS setting in!) If I can figure the posting a pic thing out, I will do it. Great bass, man. Good luck with it!
  6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That bass like all Cirri is very beautiful, congratulations. I've never seen Pau Ferro so dark before, usually it's very light in color.
  7. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Big time congrats. She's a real beauty. I'm jealous.
    Someday I will own one.:D
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nice Cirrus. I think that might be my favorite Cirrus I've seen...
  9. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    Thank you everybody. and brenden, you havent seen a flame maple yet:D

Yea the Pau ferro is a bit dark, but it blends extremly well with the walut, i once was looking at side of the neck, and couldnt even see the line where the walnut stops, and the fretboard begins.

on the pic of the back, the walnut between the maple seems a little lighter, but its not really. (if only it was wenge:p )

on another note, i found out my local store carries Peavey Cirrus strings, in 6 string sets as well:D
    however, they are like 37 which i dont know if thats alot or not, cause this is the only place that has em. but i love the cirrus strings.
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've seen the flamed maple...doesn't do it for me on a Cirrus, other basses, hell yes, but not on the Cirruses
  11. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    well in that case, MUCHO GRACIAS AMIGO. cant get much better of a compliment about the bass.
  12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    That is one sweet bass!

I can see why it took weeks to post about it. :D
  13. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    me too
  14. ScJaxx

ScJaxx Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    yea, sorry bout the wait:D
    i had to get the pics up and all...

also tomorrow, im headed off to the beach for a week. so if i dont reply, or say THANK YOU for the complements, im sorry.

later peoples. this is probably my last post in here till next saturday.
  15. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    ...I have mine here as a reference point! I'd like to have a DP too.
  16. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Brendan's fav. :D -Luke
  17. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    The back....-Luke