1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new baby...errr, bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sigkill, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. She isn't the most expensive bass out there, but she is the nicest bass I own to date, and is far nicer than anything I expected in the price range. I'm referring to my new Peavey Millenium 5 AC BXP. Quite the looker with the Trasparent Black Violet Quilt top, but that's not what matters. She plays very nicely, which counts for about 40% of the battle. The neck fits my hand almost perfectly, and allows me to play much smoother than my other basses, and the body sits on my oversized gut very nicely. As for sound, this is what makes the other 60%, and in my tight budget, I don't know if it could be beat. It couldn't be around here at least. :p Very warm sound overall, with solid, articulated highs, distinguishable, warm lows, and noticeable growly mids. Not to mention it has actual sustain. I don't know, to me it's just a joy to play and I feel like I'm at least getting a hint at what an actual bass should sound like! It really puts the Squier and Ibanez to shame. Plus, it's hard to find 18 volt electronics, string thru bridges, and fairly high quality pickups brand new in this price range. BTW, I paid Musician's Friend prices, so it came out to about $360 with tax. Furthermore, it may be built cheap, but it's still tough as nails. I know because it survived a nasty little incident without a scratch and with no noticed damage to the electronics. The incident? :ninja: Let's just say I allowed my zero attention span and complete lack of memory allow me to fling a full Coke can right at her! :eek: :eyebrow: :rollno: The Coke can not only hit it, but bursted on it! :scowl: I mean Coke was dripping from the pickup saddles while I cleaned the back off and she still made it through unscathed! One great bass for the money! :D
  2. Nice score man!
  3. hondo8671


    Apr 22, 2004
    nice bass! you will be happy with it. the 18volt makes a big
    range of sound!
  4. bassturtle


    Apr 9, 2004
    Cool bass man. Oh, and it's okay to call your basses your babies...we understand ;)
  5. By-Tor


    Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Congrats, I dig the color and nice quilt top.
    Also, just by the looks of the bass and and description, that's a steal.
  6. sheepdog


    Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL

    NICE! I like Peavey. They are practically hometown boys (from Mississippi)