Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new baby! Spector NS2000/5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hello everyone. Today I am happy. I checked my mailbox today after classes, and see a notice that I have a (expected) package. I go to pick it up, carry it back to my dorm, close my door, and stare at the box. It's a rather large box, so I know it's what I've been expecting for about a week now. I tear open the top of the box to be greeted by the best gig bag ever. So I pull the bag out, spilling foam stuff everywhere in the room (luckily my roommate wasn't around :bag: ). I start to unzipper the bag YAY. I pull it out, and now, I own, a Spector NS2000/5! Yippie. This is was how I must've looked to anyone who saw me: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:.
    I start to play it unplugged. Godly tone. I smile real huge, like so: :D. I find a strap and put it on. Damn this thing is comfy too! I play it unplugged for about another hour...then time for the last test I needed to do...so I plug into my Ashdown combo (1x12, 200W yadda yadda). First thing I do, is slap an open G. :eek: is the face I make when I hear it (flat EQ). I start playing whatever riffs come to mind, then scales, then chords, oh my, what a bass this is indeed!
    So I've been playing it pretty much constantly for about 3.5 hours now. Thus far this is the absolute BEST bass I have ever played. It's what I've been looking for tone and feel wise for so long as well. I'm already looking to get a four string (anyone got an NS2000/4 laying around?!?) to replace my ESP with, since I already know it wont be getting played much, if at all, any more. Well, enough talk, here's a couple of pics I shot, just to show it off :D.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm officially a Spector convert now. IMO, nothing plays, sounds, or feels as good as this bass does.
    Thanks for looking!

Ray

2. Dude, I'm so jealous. Heh, I've still got my peavey so it's all good. You'll hafta play it for me over the phone or aim sometime so I can hear it in all its glory. Until then have fun until all of your fingers fall off and die.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I can personally vouch that this bass is utterly ass kicking. Regret selling it, but, eh, such is life.

It is indeed a lot of fun to play. And, you'll notice a slight nick on the side of the third fret, near the marker. That was me, thak you.

Have fun with it. I might have to get another one here shortly.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    That bass is sweet makes me want a spector. Maybe one day.

Oh yeah you need to clean your floor :p

5. slicecom

slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    Toronto
    Welcome to the Spector family! I absolutly LOVE my NS 2000/5. Had it for 2 years now, its built like a rock and is definatly the best bass for the price.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Haha, I did notice that and was kinda wondering where it came from! Oh well, gives it mojo and character!
    Eh, it's been like since I been here, and I'm not about to bother scrubbing a dorm room floor. The rest of the room DOES need a cleaning though.

I'm so glad MJ5150 gave me such an awesome deal, and was so easy to work with me on getting this! I've been wanting a Spec for sometime now, and well, I got one, and I'm hooked! By the way, if anyone is interested in trading a 4 string Spector for my ESP, I'm officially taking invitations! I value it to be around $550, so keep that in mind!

C'mon, I know there's more Spec owners out there! Speak up :p. I love the neck-thru, talk about sustain! Geeze haha, it's hard to imagine playing a bass that doesn't sustain like this now...

Ray

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yep, that is a nice bass.

Like Brendan, I regret selling it. I am glad to see it still in the TB "family" at least.

-Mike

8. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Welcome to the club dude! May you buy many, many more, it's a disease, seriously!

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I see myself keeping it for a looooooooong time! I stop playing cos my fingers hurt, and I'm antsy cos I want to play it haha. Ahhhhh what a great feeling to have such a nice piece of wood now.

Ray

P.S. Mike - sister said she forgot to mail it (doh!) I'm to call her tomorrow and remind her.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You're telling me. It's worse that it's my bass I'm seeing here that's all sexay.

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Brendan - were you the original owner, or was there someone before you even? Also, curiosity has gotten the best of me, how'd that lil mark get on the neck? Maybe we should all start signing basses with name and usernames so we know who has played our basses :p.

Ray
    Bitten by the Spector Bug

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    TBer pmkelly had it before me (I swapped him a GK700RB for it).

Back when I first had it, I had some had some hangars on my wall so I could store the basses up off the floor. One time, I went to hang it back up was like "Odd, why is it resisting? It usually just sits in and hangs." Looking up, I realised instead of hanging it by it's nut/headstock flare, I was trying to hang it by it's third fret. And thus the slight ding.

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Very cool. I don't care, I was just curious.
    I'm in search mode for a 4 string now...hhhmmmm

Ray

14. sal paradise

sal paradise

Aug 12, 2004
    NJ
    a little off topic, but I like the headstock on the four string spectors much better. and congrats

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    They're the same... the four stringers are just missing a peg :p. Though I have noticed some that are narrower, but I dislike those...

Ray

16. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Welcome to the Spector Club, man! As much as people talk up the Euro and US series, I'm perfectly satisfied with my modded bolt on and NT Professional series...just love them! Also looking for a 4 string, for teaching and for a back up...

17. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Welcome to the club! Check out my Spectors in my sig and you'll see that it is indeed a disease!! :smug: ;)

Wish I hadn't sold my NS2000/4 now.... that was a sweet bass! :bassist:

18. She's very purdy! Welcome to the club, and take care of her!

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    OK, well, MJ5150 really takes damn good care of his buyers! He sent me the harness to do the 18V upgrade on the NS. I just plugged it in and dropped a 2nd 9V in. MY GOD. Orgasmic. Er, is that appropriate? I DON'T CARE. Everyone who has a spector should at least BS with this, wow, I LOVE IT even more now (though I didn't think possible). In all those threads where they ask "if you could only have one bass, what one would it be?", my answer would be this NS2000/5! Dayum.

Ray

20. slicecom

slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    Toronto
    What's this 18V upgrade you speak of and what kind of results does it give? Other than orgasmic..