Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new baby!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grooveguru, May 23, 2001.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Got some pics of my new baby in production I'd like to share.
    Here are the vitals:
    Alembic Mark King Standard
    3AAA Quilted Maple Top with Purpleheart accent and mahogany body.
    Side L.E.D.s inlayed in Silver Circles with On/Off Switch
    Brass Backplates
    Graduated Finish (Satin on Neck and High Gloss elsewhere)
    [​IMG]

Due sometime in June.

2. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Good lord! that thing looks awesome!

If you don't mind me asking..how much is that running you?

Its a real beaut....heck, if it plays half as good as it looks, it'll be awesome :)

Keep us updated.

-Neal

3. Looks real nice Groove. :)

4. Yup, that thing's going in my "C:\My Documents\Nice Basses" directory alright ;)

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    <font size=7 color=white>AWESOME!!!!!</font>

6. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Thanks for the kind words fellow bassers! I got a great deal from Beav and the boys at Bass Central. Right around 3K delivered to my door! I'm pumped to get it! I actually missed out on a used MK on Ebay about 2 mos. ago and that got my GAS churnin so I bit the bullet and ordered a new one the way I wanted it. By the way here is a picture of the back (couldn't add 2 attachments the first post). The first picture was in the setup room getting the L.E.D.s installed last Friday. it still has many coats of finish to be installed according to Mica at Alembic. She's supposed to send more pics this Friday so I'll throw them up when I get them. Look for a full review when the blessed event occurs.

7. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    By the way, anyone here have any experience with this model or Alembics in general? I know that Malthumb and Kubla Khan both have awesome MKs.

8. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    One more post till 100!

9. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    WooHoo the hundred!

10. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

That bass is down right AWESOME !!!! and as far as BC you wont find a better store.

11. bassics

bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    Congratulations!!!!! That is easily one of the most beautiful basses I have ever laid my eyes on.

12. I was dissapointed when I figured you were talkin' about bass...

:eek:

13. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    It is! Can't you see it has my eyes?

14. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Groove,

Let me pile on. SWEEEET! You're not gonna want to put it down once you start gettin' your groove on.

When I got mine, I picked up a Pocket Rocket so I could play it anywhere in the house. Now I have a Pandora's Box and I keep a guitar stand in my bedroom. Never know when inspiration will hit.

Peace,

James

15. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Well I got word from Alembic that my new baby should be shipping on June 5th. Woo Hoo! I should have it weekend after this. Pics and review will be comin upon arrival :)

16. just curious. exactly what date did you order it on? How long did it take from the time you got all the details worked out and gave them the order until June 5th?

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  18. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I ordered it around the end of April (don't remember the exact date). If it does indeed ship on the 5th it will be 1 day short of 6 weeks (I know because I marked my calendar to check on it on June 6th). I think this is an exception though. Mica originally told me 6-8 weeks. I must have ordered at the right time (a lull in production at Alembic?) If you look around the Alembic website there is a link to lead times which I've looked at and if I recall it was showing about a 2 month leadtime on MKs. One thing I really liked about this process was being able to e-mail Mica several times during production to have my questions answered. If you've been thinking about getting an Alembic, just do it. :)

19. And I thought my Fender was the hottest bass out there! LOL :D

Fine looking bass!It oozes class and...hmmm whatelse,resin,glue? ;)

20. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Just got a new picture of "baby". Also confirmation that it should ship Tuesday and I'll have it on Friday.
    I'm going to try adding this pic:
    [​IMG]