1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new baby

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silent89, May 6, 2006.

1. So I've been playing bass for about 9 months now and while my Yamaha was an awsome starter bass (I lucked out with a good one considering I had no idea what i was getting at the time) I needed a serious bass (the better amp comes next week)

So I looked around and found the only Ibanez artcore AGB140 in the state im almost sure. It was an hour drive and oh boy, when they took it out of the box it looked MINT. and every bit as awsome as the pictures of it.. then I went to try it out and... I wont say it was crap but I was crap for my style. So asked the guy from something with a bit of beef in it and he smiled and gave the bad boy I have now.

Its a Cort Artisan series, but could someone out there give me the exact model type of it? wasnt able to find it looking out. But anyway at the store it sounded chunky and awsome and everything a bass should be so I got that, and the maditory new strap/strap locks etc.

here's a couple pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

2. dbaser

dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    I'm thinking it's a Cort Artisan A4. I have the A5 and love it.

See if there is an "A4" on the headstock...

3. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    If it is bolt-on look at the pups.If they are Barts. It is a B4,if the pups are Mightymites It's a C4 and if its neck-thru its an A4.
    Congrats BTW,she looks beautiful!

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Those don't appear to be Barts, so i think it's a C-4. It's very nice, regardless!

5. hrmm, ok its definatly a b4 (lol I found that out during tonight when I did notice it on the headstock... she plays like an absolute beauty and looks to match (gotta get an amp to make use of the active pups now).

Im just wondering if this is a slightly modified model, because while it says b4, it lacks an on/off EQ switch and the bridge is slightly differant when compared to this image:

[​IMG]

6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Yours is probably an older one,they changed some specs. in the newer models and adding an on/off knob is one of
    these I believe.

7. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i think those are Bart MK1s.

8. Here's mine -- a B4, in ash, eq switch, bought yesterday.

Attached Files:

9. DemoEtc

DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
    Sweeet. Love the natural finish!

10. Alan U

Alan U

Jul 12, 2005
    North East London
    If that's a B4, I'd like to see the after.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

11. I have the A4. I don't think the artisan series have had the EQ switch for long, mine is fairly new, so it does, but I swear I've seen some not-too-old looking ones without.

12. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    Cort started including On/Off switches since last year me thinks!

13. Chopsrr

Chopsrr

Jul 23, 2006
    Lakeland, Florida
    Looks like it could use a nice set of new strings! :D

14. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Welcome to the Cort club! That's an older model B4. The older ones had the two-piece bridge and no on/off switch. The only difference between A and B is A's are neck-through. You have yourself a very nice bass nonetheless! I own an A5 that's my main player and I love it. Most comfortable 5-string I've ever used and it sounds good to boot.

15. Akirabanana

Akirabanana

Dec 12, 2005
    Kingston, On
    Everytime I play those Corts they always surprise the hell out of me, with the exception of one B4 which looked like the person who was gluing sniffed to much of the blue, they have all been spot on perfcet.
    Congrats on the new Bass:bassist: