My new baby

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Promised to post some photo's of my new baby..
    Got her Monday, and i'm in love baby.. woohoo :D

MIM Fender Deluxe Jazzbass V :)

Normally these puppies go for about 1000 euro.. i got her for 700 :p

2. Dutch laws clearly state that it is forbidden to post about a fender, without a closeup. ;)

3. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO

help I'm drowning

is that an American Deluxe?
  4. How is the B on that? Every Fender 5er I've played have kinda floppy B's.

It looks great, I'm gettig a tortoise shell guard on my Essex. Black and tortoise looks so damn sexy!

Is it just me, or is that a purple heart fretboard?
  5. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    Awesome, I dunno whats the big rave over tortoise, but anywho.

Is it just me, or does the bass not blend well with the background? The background seems so, unreal.
  6. My B is fine! Not the greatest, but its no Sound Gear.

It should be pau ferro fretboard shouldn't it? It does look real purple though...
  7. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    That is my bass! It looks exactly the same, well, mine has a badass II, also. The punch increased a lot when I put the new bridge on. The B improved a lot. I love that bass. I will NEVER sell it.

Nice grab, man.
  8. Yeah, I'm fairly sure it is rosewood or pauferro (which IIRC is a type of rosewood.)

I think it may just be the lighting, because the close up shot isn't quite as purple.

9. he said MIM
  10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sweet catch dude!

Thats my favorite fender color scheme!

11. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    sooo nice!!!

i am always partial to Fender
  12. cheap camera... ;)
  13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Tortise on black, I like it; looks great. Congrats.
  14. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Nice bass A!
    Great score, love the color scheme.
  15. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Normally I don't like the black Fenders, but they can't help but look good with tortoise shell pickguards.

Fantabsti- er, fantastic bass! ;)
  16. so did you sell the bullet bass or the ATK for this one? :D
  17. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    i've got the same bass in 4 string and in sunburst(well not exactly the same;) ).....
    anyway for 700 euros it was a great deal!!!
  18. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    The only B string I've ever played and liked was on my MIM Deluxe jazz. With a better premamp it would kill.
  19. as for how b-strings play on fenders, i bought a Fender MIA jazz deluxe used about 3 years ago and everything seemed like it was in great shape, and to be honest it probably was for the most part in very good shape. all the strings played great but i have always felt like the b-string is by far the weakest of them. i love my bass, the tone is INCREDIBLE, but i had to do a pretty decent amount of fine tuning on the b string before i thought it wasnt too shaky and how i wanted it to feel. whether the shaky b-string was the result of it not being a new instrument or not is beyond me. i probably should just replace the bridge but all the other strings sound so good...and i'm really lazy/cheap.