Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new baby!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MonkeyWrench32, Aug 10, 2002.

1. MTD Kingston 5 in red pearl and rosewood:

[​IMG]

(OK, so the pictures are from Adrian's site. It's the same bass anyway...)

Money shot!
    [​IMG]

I love sexy necks :D
    [​IMG]

Nice head!
    [​IMG]

I didn't think a passive bass could sound so great. What a growl! What a bass!

The only thing that I'd want to change right now is the pickguard. Does anybody know where I could get a flat black one?

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Congratulations!! Glad you're happy, man- now go slap that thang!!

3. :D

My slapping needs A LOT of work. Maybe I should've thought of that before I came up with my clever nickname. :rolleyes: :)

4. Yeh i wish i thought about whether or not i could do my name or not.............dam
    anywayz thats a nice bass congrats

5. Boomp! Once again, anybody know where I could get a MTD Kingston pickguard in flat black?

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i dont know how handy you are- but i ook the guard off a k fretless i had and made a truss cover from blak mica- itlooked great- if you find a piece of rosewood colored mics- you can make a truss cover and ditch the guard.

7. www.pickguards.com you can have one made special for you!

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That's lurvly, Squiggy.

I tell you, people who spend $500-$600 on a 5 string and do not look into a Kingston are doing themselves a tremendous disservice.

I have no need for another 5 string, but every time someone gets one, I am sorely tempted to order one for myself. Great basses, and best 5 string value on the market.

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i just emailed pickguards.com about getting a few Kingston guards made in black- i think that will really help the look of the fretlesses and black K's-- lets see how much they want..

10. I need a new pickguard for my squier do some companys do novelty ones for squiers (im after bugs bunny, tweety pie or the anthill mob)

11. I'm not nearly that handy. :) I'll be waiting to see what they have to say about the black pickguards. If you get some, I will buy one from you!

12. Higgy congratulations mm mm mm that's a finger-lickin' bass dude!

Enjoy and take good care!

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Hiigy- i can have them made- they would sell for $25- let me know if you want one- peace!- Adrian

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

Adrian I may be interested in a pickguard. Is the color black or is there others??

15. I definitely want one! Let me know when you get them in and I'll PayPal you. Thanks!

Thanks guys! I've never loved an inanimate object so much! :D