1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new band - A Penny Found

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by J Hud, Mar 22, 2009.

1. J Hud

J Hud

Feb 18, 2006
    DFW
    Hello all. If you're so inclined, check out my band. We're working on scratch tracks for our upcoming debut. 5 tunes thus far and all can be heard here - www.myspace.com/apennyfoundmusic

"False Front" was recorded using a Fender Jaguar bass with Fralins throught the POD XT Live using the "Marcus" setting.

"Where Did You Go" (my favorite tune thus far) was recorded using a Lowend LEJ 3-pup Custom 4 into an Aguilar DB900...

"Let You Go" was recorded using an LEJ standard 4 into the DB900.

"Yet Another Chance" was recorded using a Ristola 5 (the black limba one) into the DB900...

"A Penny Found" featured aWarwick Streamer Jazzman 5 into my live rig (way too much crap in that signal path to list;))

Best,
    J

2. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    Stellar work. I'm a fan of all your projects. Everything well-played, well-recorded, and well-written within the chosen style. Kudos and success to you.

3. J Hud

J Hud

Feb 18, 2006
    DFW
    Thanks Smash! Really good to here some compliments from a fellow low-ender!

4. J Hud

J Hud

Feb 18, 2006
    DFW
    Any lowenders out there have any feedback on my newest project? Curious to hear what those with some legit perspective think about the tunes, production, vibe, etc of this.

Fire away! :)

5. Great work imo. Love the bass in all the songs! Keep it up!

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Man, you even got your bass in the backdrop of the layout! Go you!

Sounds good, keep em coming.

7. J Hud

J Hud

Feb 18, 2006
    DFW
    It does help that I do all the layout design :)

8. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    nice sound, everything seems well played (not over done). Good sounding project

with you guys all the best,
    Todd :)

9. J Hud

J Hud

Feb 18, 2006
    DFW
    Thanks much! Always good to get some feedback on the tunes!!! Thanks for the friend req on Myspace too!

10. J Hud

J Hud

Feb 18, 2006
    DFW
    Hello all! We've been chosen to have our tune "Where Did You Go" in the April independent "Top Ten Rock" category on the online radio program "Indies Top Ten - www.indiestop10.com

We go live in the rotation on 4/15. Sweet!!!!!

We're pretty excited and more than a tad surprised frankly. "Where Did You Go" is one of our less conventional tunes (to say the least). Very cool (and borderline shocking) to see it get some conventional attention! You can check that tune out here - www.myspace.com/apennyfoundmusic and select "Where Did You Go" in the music player. I'd be stoked to get some opinions on all this, the tunes, the bass playing and tone in the tune, etc...

Lastly, for those of you in the TB world who appreciate independent music, check out the site and show it some support!