1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My New Band on Youtube now, 2 BASSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by slackdaddy, Jul 1, 2007.

1. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Endorsing Artist: David Eden Amplifiers / Rob Wave Custom basses
    Hello All,
    I wanted to let you all know that there is video up on youtube of my brand new band called The H.E.A.P. Project. I am very excited about this band. It all started when I was talking to another bassist in town and we decided to try putting something together with 2 bass players. We started talking about it over 4 years ago but my tour schedule was pretty hectic. Things have finally worked out that we could get it going about 6 months ago. I am really proud of what we have done. The video is from our very first show here in Athens, GA. We were actually opening for the other band I tour with, Kevn Kinney's Sun Tangled Angel Revival. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the material.

I hope you will take time to let know what you think of it.

2. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    :cool: ... VERY cool

;) ... Nice vibe, like the material

3. Freakin' Sweet man

Awesome version of John the Revalator

4. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    This is really awesome! I love it!

5. ya man i really like it ......wicked stuff keep it up!

6. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    sweet, very nice!

7. Diggin it man!!

8. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Very cool, I like it a lot!

9. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    For those of you who are gear heads, and I know there are a few on here- :) the kydd is a late 90's all maple version of the Carry On, purchased directly from Bruce Kaminsky. As far as I know he did not make many of the all maple Carry On's as most people preferred the curly maple and granadillo versions. Fortunately it was all I could afford at the time, and I've never regretted the purchase.

The Kydd is being amplified by a Markbass Little Mark II driving a Bag End S15D- The LMII is awesome for EUB in my opinion. The DI is out of the amp into the board. I am running an older Fishman B100 to buffere the piezo into the LMII. I just think it sounds better that way.

I'll have to defer to Bryan on the specifics of the violin bass but I believe he is driving some type of tweed Fender combo that just kills!

Just in case any of you all were curious...

Jef

10. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    The bass I am playing is an old Univox copy of a Hofner (a gift from Kevn Kinney). It is strung A-D-G-C. I run that through a Digitech RP-80 guitar effects unit (a gift from my drummer) into an Ernie Ball volume pedal. The amp is a Fender Bassman reissue ('59 LTD a gift from my father-in-law) which I have had my amp guy tweak. He took out the rectifier tube and replaced it with a solid state rectifer to give me more head room before it starts to break up. Just in case anyone was wondering.

11. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Remember Ned's Atomic Dustbin from the early 90's? I think they were the first band, maybe the only band, I've ever seen with two bass players. One used Rics and the other Fender so they got totally different bass tones.

12. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    The more I listen ... the more I like what I hear.

Refreshing is a good word for it ... I heard a band on Beale st. here in Memphis at a blues jam maybe ten years ago ... they were from Canada and played blues with bagpipes in the band ... they were called Taxi (something) ... they were rockin ... still that sound stays with me, as refreshing, and cool.

:) ... Can't wait to get a CD from you guys!

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Killer stuff.

14. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement. I have been doing the sideman thing for so long that it is nice to have MY OWN band. I am lucky to be playing with such talented guys! We will be working on our first CD very soon which will feature some VERY special guests.

15. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Slackdaddy, nobody can accuse you of being a Vic or Marcus wannabe!:D Nice music.:cool:

16. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I am just trying to do my own thing!

17. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Hello All,
    I will leave this thread alone but I wanted to remind you guys about the videos. Again I welcome your thoughts

18. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Sweet stuff :D Can't say anything bad. Groove on.

19. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    nice bro!!

20. Honestly I didnt know what to expect. But Damn this is good. I likes. The 2 bass thing isnt 'forced'. It fits nice.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021