Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ulyanov, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Yay, I'm actually in a band now, with some guys I know from school. We played at our drummer's house for the first time last night, we have a guitar, bass, drums, and a vocalist, pretty basic, and we ran through some old cover songs last night. The best part is, the drummer is a huge Rush fan, so we're going to play some of that. The two of us muddled through YYZ before the guitarist showed up (I still can't get the opening and a lot of the fills).

Anyway, the guitarist is a big Metallica fan, so I'm going to have to learn some, preferably old stuff. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should learn? He says he'll play pretty much any of them.

2. well,im sorry but i have no suggestions but i just thought id say "go,you!!!!" bands are cool! me and my mates just started out and we also practice at the drummers house! one thing though..keep it down! we've had a few complaints bout the noise! heehee, hope you have fun! and good luck with it all! :)

3. i practiced once with a band who had a big metallica freak for a guitarist. the operative word being "once."

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations! I would suggest "For Whom the Bell Tolls", which has a nifty bass lick at the beginning.

5. Stick with the old stuff:

Fade To Black
    Creeping Death
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Four Horsemen
    Hit The Lights
    Seek And Destroy

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i say stick with yyz...you know, i saw geddy lee play that opening riff with one finger several years ago-rush and primus on the same bill-awesome show...that dude is pretty nuts. i would also add master of puppets and leper messiah...and oh yeah, damage inc. ;) good luck, man!

7. Thanks guys, I'll look into some of those. I'd like to do Orion, but he says that he can't do it by himself, he'd need another guitarist, he's probably right. Bah.