Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my new bass - and a first 6 stringer...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fliptrique, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    Picked it up yesterday... finally!:)

It`s a keeper - after a few hours of missing strings and sloppines, i`m beggining to feel like I`ve been playing this bass all my life - much, much better than any other bass I had. Obviously it`s big and heavy, but i like it - It suits me better than an Ibanez SDGR I had.

It was built by a polish luthier Witkowski in 1998, it has 2 emg`s and a 3 band eq. Right now it desperately needs new strings, and a lot of firgerboard cleaning. Also the tiger-something wood looks killer, bright stripes appear under different angles.. :)

I`ve tried to record it within a song context and it came out really, really good, tight and clear. I have to change the strings, before making my final conclusions, right now it`s a bit too much bass in it, but i see a lot potential :)

[​IMG]

2. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
  3. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
  4. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    body close-up.... it actually is a bit brighter in real life.

[​IMG]

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Abso-freak-lutley beautiful. On the note of "too much bass"...I'm gonna let you in on something. You have a three band eq. Cut some bass.

6. Looks nice and I love the headstock!

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice bass!:) That top is very interesting. I would like to find out more about that wood.

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Looks very nice! What is the scale (I see that it's 22 frets)? It looks shorter than most multis I've seen. How is the B?

9. That bass looks like a skinny Spector NS/Warwick Streamer, mixed with a bit of Tobias Classic. Very nice.
    Have fun!

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Muchos congratos, man!!!!!!

She's a beaut!!!

11. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Good find!

enjoy,

:bassist:

12. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    It`s 34 I guess - feels like it, haven`t measured it.
    The B string is great - way better than all of my previous basses, including a sdgr and a olp musicman. I can easly play stuff on the b string near the 12 fret and get a clear sound instead of the usuall mud...

13. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    The inner strips are made from bubbinga and maple, and the body is made of wood that I could call "tiger oak" - but I`m really not sure if it is the propper translation... probably not :D

It has a clear, bass/midrange sound, and even with new strings the higs aren`t sparky.

Overall i would say that it is pretty versitale - soloed neck pickup gives me an instant jaco/jazz bass tone, and soloed brige is woddy, dirty, heavy blues sound...