1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new bass build!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stereo Joe, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Show and tell time!! Here's my new 'Fender' Precision that I just finished final assembly on. I had problems with the capacitor so right now the tone knob is not wired into the circuit, but other than that, it's all done and setup!
    DSCF1112.
    DSCF1115.
    DSCF1121.

Specs:
    -Allparts neck (rosewood, pearl blocks/binding)
    -1989 '57 Reissue P bass body in tobacco burst
    -tort pickguard
    -Gotoh 201 bridge
    -gotoh vintage tuners
    -Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Vintage pickup
    -CTS/Switchcraft pots/jack
    -hipshot 3 string retainer (I love these!)
    -straplocks
    -Fender Flats (45 - 95)

I want to give an extremely positive recommendation to Basspartsresource.com. Aside from the neck and body from ebay, everything else came from Basspartsresource.com. I know some people have had bad experiences with them, but after 5 or 6 orders and shipping to Canada (very quickly, I might add), I am a happy customer.

I'm going to go play it now! :D

2. Cactusgrant

Cactusgrant

Jul 27, 2006
    Wow! It looks great!

3. what doyou like about the 3 string retainers that you dont about the normal 2?

4. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

my guess is sometimes that A string is a recurring problem on a fender.

as in vibrating past the nut, popping out of the nut, etc.

5. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    nice. Very nice.

6. I mainly like that the break angle of the A string gets increased. I find it helps to eliminate buzzing at the nut.

I especially appreciate the hipshot 3 string retainers because you don't have to thread the string through it.

7. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Very nice. There is a lot of satisfaction in putting it all together yourself, isn't there?

8. Definitely! Although there was a lot of frustration as well. I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to electronics. Hums, buzzes and everything else to slowly figure out. It sounds fine right now but took me a few tries to get it working properly.

Surprisingly, set up was a breeze. These allparts necks are GREAT and don't require too much tweaking to find the sweet spot.