Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass clef tattoo!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DanielleMuscato, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets

Attached Files:

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    nice. did it hurt much on the wrist?

3. Skit1

Skit1 Guest

Jul 2, 2004
    England
    Looks great!
    Im hoping to get a similar type of thing soon :)

4. Looks cool, but someone beat you to it: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236340

It's funny, I wanted one of those too for a while. That tattoo is gonna become the official seal of this forum, some day I'm gonna see somebody with that tattoo and be like "DUDE! TB.COM OMG LOL!!1"...and yes, I'm actually going to say the letters OMG....and LOL.

5. That's actually how I met Nick Man at our local university's dining hall. We had exchanged a PM or two, but when I saw the bass clef on his forearm, I had to say hi. The bass clef works well for those "in the know." I find when I wear my bass t-shirts (that say "bass" on it), people ask me if I fish a lot. :rolleyes:

6. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Looks like a painful spot to get a tatoo.

7. Yeah... maybe it's not much worse though. When you think about it, any place is a painful one for a tattoo.

8. DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Actually, it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. It bled for a little bit, but it's fine now.

Yeah, I wanted something I could cover up, since I work with bankers a lot and they don't think too much of tattoos... I'm left-handed, but I play bass right-handed, and I wear my watch on my right hand. I have to take it off to play, since it bangs against the strings otherwise, so this is perfect - I can cover it up, and when I take off my watch to play bass, there it is :)

Dave

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Enjoy the Ink ! Anymore on the way ?

10. DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    this is my second tattoo; my first is a drawing by Brian Froud from the cover of his 25th anniversary edition of the Encyclopaedia of Faeries. There are pics at http://www.davemuscato.com/tattoos/tattoos.html

She's not done yet... still have to put in the color... the artist wanted to let it heal first, and then I had to go out of town, but I'm getting her finished the 2nd week of April when I come back.

11. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Wow... on the wrist. Nice.
    When I first glanced at it I thought it was someone's absolutely hideous lower, hairy, back. Stupid, but funny.