Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass (difficult choice)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chris Ramlar, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    I want a new bass but im not sure which one i should buy =S i'm looking for a deep rock sound something like the Interpol's or The Strokes bass lines, all suggestions will be apreciated

2. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Don't they both play Fender Jazz basses? Unless you have something against them, it seems like a good choice.

3. deep rock? thunderbird, definately. it has a killer rock tone, extremely deep.

other than that, you cant go wrong with pretty much any bass.

4. just having the right bass doesn't mean you will sound like them. Their are many other factors (fingers, amp, effects, etc..)

5. Jazzes and Stingrays. Solo the neck pickup or crank the bass on the EQ.

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Wow, can't beleive anyone hasn't mentioned the classic P bass. I personally can't think of deep rock tone without thinking about a P.

7. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Or get a bass with a P-J pickup configuration. Best of all worlds, I think.

And, yes, Interpol and The Strokes both play Fender Jazz. I personally prefer the Jazz neck to the P neck.

But what price range are you looking for? There are lots of great instruments in all price ranges, so that piece of information can help us better help you.