My new bass I put together....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jpsexton, Jan 9, 2005.

1. jpsexton

Apr 12, 2004
    My wife bought me a Mighty Mite body and neck and gave them to me as a chistmas present. I used all Fender hardware and a Badass II bridge with Dimarzio Model J pickups. Everthing fit together perfectly. The finish is absolutly beautiful. After I got it all together I took it to a local Luthier to dress the frets and make all the final tweaks. This is one of the best playing basses I've ever owned. It turned out better than I could have hoped for.

Attached Files:

2. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Awesome. I'm working on building a J bass right now and putting ultra jazzes in it. How do the model J's sound?
  3. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Model J's are awesome. They are definately some of the hottest/highest output pickup's I have come across.
  4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    nice looking bass, love the finish as well.
  5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine

I put a set in my Geddy, and not only did they preserve the awesome tone, but they got rid of the hum and have excellent output. Great pickups! Time tested and still kickin'... for good reason. :)
  6. Beautiful bass...I really like it...I really like it when a plan comes together

My only complaint is that I don't like the Fender decal on the headstock. If it's not a Fender, why put a Fender decal?
  7. jpsexton

Apr 12, 2004
    I really like the Model J's. Great tone and hot outout. I've used EMG's for years but when I built this I used the Dimarzio's because of all the good reviews I had read. I'm glad I did, they sound better than the EMG's to me without the battery hassle.

I put the headstock decal on because I think it would just look unfinished without it. Besides, allot of the parts are Fender :p
    If I were building it to sell I would'nt have used the decal.