1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new bass (info needed please)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Picked it up used. I can't find any information about it online really but I assume it's the fretless version of this:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/schecter-guitar-research-stiletto-deluxe-4-bass
    Anyone have any experience with it? I'm very much a newb, and know absolutely nothing about Schecters. Is Diamond Series their low end line? Does anyone know exactly which knobs do what? I know the one closest to the pickups is volume. The other three click to a stop in the middle. I play out of a teeny little crate guitar amp at home so it's hard to really hear the nuances of it. Any feedback/experience would be much appreciated.
    314fgk5.
    213kjys.
    6fwaao.
    2vkmfqu.

2. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Schecter diamond series are fine basses- I think they are Korean made

You need a bass amp. Check your local Craigslist or pawnshops.

3. Center-detent knobs likely control active, boost/cut EQ; centered would be flat.

4. facepalmmaster

facepalmmaster

Jan 4, 2012
    If its anything like my schecter, the knobs are volume, pickup blend, treble, and bass (not sure if the terminology is right). My Schecter is great, a bit more expensive than that, but im sure its a fine bass. It doesnt seem right, however, to have a fretless bass when you are a "noob" and are still playing through a small guitar amp. This isnt your first bass, right?

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    No I have an epiphone Allen woody and another fretless frankenbass. I'm a newb in that im still learning but I'm doing ok. I'm doing fairly well with fretless, I think and I have a good ear for intonation from my trombone playing back in the day. I really prefer the feel and tone of a fretless anyway. I'm in no rush so I'm taking my time learning technique and fundamentals. I do need a proper bass amp though.