Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass.. Marleaux consat

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chris h, Feb 3, 2004.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Have a look at this one, its beautiful and plays like a dream (a good one). It wont ever replace the pedulla for slapping, but is sweet for everything else!
    [​IMG]

2. nice collection of basses

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Nice! Did you order directly from Gerald and Tilman or did you buy from a store?

4. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Very cool -- I really dig the look of Marleaux basses. Never able to try one though.

5. I tried a Constat at a Guitar Show last year. Almost played itself! VERY nice! I couldn't get the programmable EQ though - that would take a while to decifer.

6. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Hi, I actually bought it second hand from a guy in colchester!

7. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I used it with my band for the first time yesterday, and what can I say! Its so nice to wear, weighs next to nothing and is actually really small. The matt finish is brilliant too, and feels great.

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    VERY nice!!!! I have that same bridge on my Petrek. It is a bite in the ass to adjust, though!

9. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    About the bridge, Ive taken out the chrome colour bridge saddles. Sounds much better and enables me to get the strings lower too. perhaps you should try this on your Petrek?

cheers
    chris

10. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Does anyone know a commonly avaliable case which the marleaux would fit into? Im thinking the body is fairly jazz bass like with the belicious booty.. has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers