Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My NEW BASS!! Omega Bass 6 by David Pushic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luis Fabara, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Hello people, long time I havent post anything, but well,here it is.
    The pictures of my new baby.
    I will have it in my hands on June 18 when my dad comes from the USA and brings it to me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If this pictures are not enough, please my picture deposit at:
    http://www.geocities.com/lfabara/bass/
    There are pictures of making the Omega Bass 6.

2. man I've been waiting to see some pics of this bass you've been raving about but the pictures and the link aren't working.[​IMG]

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey luis - looks like you spelled the filenames in your (img) tags wrong - you need to capitalize the "f" in finishedx.jpg.

i took a look at the pics - that thing looks killer!

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Killer bass! Congrats. I can't wait to hear how it sounds and plays. Enjoy! GAS!!!!!!!!!

5. Bitchin'. I'm not sure about that lower horn, though--it looks like it might cause balance problems. Is the neck fairly light?

6. That's a nice bodyshape, I don't think the lower horn will cause any problems. But, I abhore that wood. The grain is sickening to me. Sorry, but it is. Gimme flame or birdseye maple tops anyday. With a mahogany body....mmm.

Is it being brought hand luggage on the plane? Or is it going in the hold?

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Beautiful bass, Luis. I am not really a big fan of zebrawood normally, but that thing looks killer.
    Hope it plays and sounds as good as it looks.

Ryan

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    reminds me of what my mom used to say about if i can't say something nice... :rolleyes: :D

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Classy lookin bass man, congrats! That's a pretty sharp inlay you got there, too. :) Let us know how it sounds asap!

10. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Very nice!!! Have fun with your new bass.
    Dan

11. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Wow.

That is one beautiful bass. Maybe I just might get me one of those...

Congratulations. Hope it sounds and plays as good as it looks!

12. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    great bass!
    I can't wait to read a report

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh my sweet Jebus...that is one heckuva bass! Man, you instilled SO much more faith in DP basses...seeing that beauty, I'm glad Dave's gonna end up building mine! Whoo hoo...

14. Woah ! that's a funky bass you got there..

So, when can we hear it ?

Ofcourse after arrousing me with pictures, you are automaticly obligated to put some mp3's online :D

15. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Thanks to all.
    I will try to record some samples of the bass explaining the settings on the electronics.
    That bass has it all but a Piezo pickup.
    I really love the Tone of the Zebrawood and the looks are killer too, at least for me.

I will post a full report when I get it on my hands.

John, I did correct the "F" in the tags, but as far as I know, normally Web servers are not case sensitive, regardless of the OS.
    I think the problem is in the concurrent conections to the same webpage on Geocities.

The bass will come in a SKB Hardshell case, it may have to be in the luggage compartment, because I believe Airlines are not allowing passengers to carry something that big as a hand bag.

16. Ouch..

Hey man.. i don't want to scare you, but have you seen the way the suitcases are thrown around with at airports ? woah.. fortunately the bass comes in a hardcase, i woulnd't dare thinking of what would happen if it came over in a softshell.. i think i would explode if i noticed that my ( very expensive ) bass would have been broozed even before i even touched it for the first time..

17. My sentiments exactly Allodox..

Flight cases are the best investment ever. They can take 3 tons of weight and not buckle!

18. Very nice Luis, I had the pleasure to see your first hand when i went down to meet with Pushic, Your pictures don't give it any credit. Every line is perfect, every contour is perfect, everything is perfect. (it was just drying from the last coat of tung oil.) She sure is a beaut' though. Mine is coming the end of july, so ill be sure to post a few picture of it.

nate

19. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    geocities is - try it as the url both ways. i know that the server that hosts my band's web page is as well.

i don't know what the problem is with your img links - i tried them on my own and they didn't work for me either.