Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass. Peavey Grind 4-String (PICTURES)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maj. Pain, May 28, 2004.

1. Maj. Pain

Maj. Pain Guest

Feb 5, 2004
    Ontario
    I finally got my first bass (well, technically it is my second. I have rented until this point). It is a Peavey Grind 4-string bass. It is absolutely beautiful, and has great playability.

4-string
    24 frets
    34 inch scale
    Passive humbucking pickups
    Mahogany neck with maple stringers
    Imbuya wings
    Neck-thru-body design
    Scalloped bottom horn

Two honourable mentions are the bridge, and the "Scalloped" bottom horn. The bridge is unique, as each string has it's own seperate bridge. The bottom horn has a great little feature aswell. There is basically an ident in the bottom horn, which makes a perfect place to put your hand when playing Slap.

And now onto the pictures (like I would leave them out?).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cool man, its always a good feeling to get a new ax. I actually have the same exact bass as the one you posted, but i have one question...did you buy the bass as new or used? I know those individual string saddle bridges are not a stock feature.

Congrats with the new bass, enojy!

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Pretty nice.

Glad it makes you happy

4. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    nice bass, good price for neck thru body! :bassist:

5. Maj. Pain

Maj. Pain Guest

Feb 5, 2004
    Ontario
    I did buy it new actually. Are you sure it is the same bass? Some Peavey basses look a lot alike.

6. Nope, its the same bass. I have a 2003 model...i dont know if they changed some specs for '04. Either way, have fun with it. I actually wish mine came with the single saddle bridge system.

7. Yeah, I think that bridge is new for this year. BP did a review of that bass last year, and it didn't have that bridge. I have the 6 string version, and mine has a string thru body bridge. I put EMGs in it and now it sounds awesome!

8. I've got the 5 string version from last year and it has a plate bridge. Hmmm...that get's me to thinking here

*goes in search of black monorail bridges*

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    You should stop posting until your sites ready for viewers to say *oh, that bridge looks pretty interesting he might be onto something* instead of what I'm currently thinking which is *he's trying to get customers on something that's non-existant, he's not ready for a large customer bass that advertising on talkbass could present him and he's over advertising*.

That is a nice looking bass :), soundclips happen when the pictures wear off.....and that is...right...about......now. Post some slap soundclips for us :).

10. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Maj. Pain,

If you've only been playing for three months, as your signature says, then you should consider yourself spoiled. The Peavey Grind is a couple notches beyond your typical beginners bass.

I came really close to buying one last year. I spent about 45 minutes slappin' it at a local music store. It was hard for me to walk away from it. It's sorta like a Cirrus-lite.

Peace,

James

11. Maj. Pain

Maj. Pain Guest

Feb 5, 2004
    Ontario
    It's been four months now, but I know that isn't much of a difference. I know I am very lucky to have this bass (tons of people have told me), and I'm just happy that I saved up some money.

12. That's a sharp looking bass.. and those individual saddles are new to me as well.. I haven't seen them on a Peavey before.

A question: In bass2.jpg, is your nut misaligned? It looks off-center for some reason, even though the photo looks centered. I can see a small area where the nut appears to be shifted towards your heavier strings. I'm wondering if this was replaced or perhaps just necessary, but if it were me I'd be questioning this.

Hope you enjoy your new 'Grind'..

Mag...

13. I really fancy picking myself a 6 string version up, for £360 you cant really grumble with it.

zender.

14. Yeah, I picked my 6 string up for like $380 USD.
    Can't argue with that! Although there was a couple grinds in the store that weren't as good. You just have to play 'em, and weed out the lemons.