Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass! (pictures and everything!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    hey!

i went to tucson for a few days and stumbled into a great music store called "Rainbow Music" (or something like that)...

so i was looking for a 5 string... tried a lot but since i never play 5 i didn´t feel quite right... so looked thru a lot of 4´s and tried some expensive basses like Rickenbacker and musicman and Fenders and the looked for some bass in my budget...

then saw this gorgeous red Ibanez BTB bass, tried it, loved it, went to the cashier and asked him about the price... he was like "look at the back of the tag, it's used" and i was like "what do you mean used!?" (it is FLAWLESS) so i was even happier that the price was $378 :eek: (BTB 400).

so looked around and bought it with a really nice gigbag and went to the hotel... i stared at it for at least an hour :)

i returned last monday and played with my amp and it sounded great... i heard some people here don´t like ibanez or BTB but to me it is a great value (c'mon! $378!)

:D

so here are the pics i scanned today:

Lateral:
    [​IMG]

Whole:
    [​IMG]

Head:
    [​IMG]

Me and my bass guitar :)
    [​IMG]

:D (Yep! 100% MEXICAN!! hahaha)

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Nice bass man. I've played a btb 5 stringer and to my surprise I liked it alot.. I never liked ibanez until that point... of course i had never played an upper-end ibanez before either.. good luck with your new beast

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Awesome bass!!!! We have one in our store & I play it all the time. CONGRATS!!!!

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey dave

that thing looks pretty cool (for a 4 string ;) ), good job.

5. Congrats, Dave. The Ibanez BTB series has converted yet another soul. The BTBs are making quite a name for Ibanez. If you think of it, it's pretty hard for a Manufacturer that isn't held in the highest regard by a lot of people to impress them with one of their new products, but, Ibanez is doing it. I almost bought a 405QM, but opted for a Yamaha. The BTB is still on my list though. Hey, how do you like that neck? Nice, huh? And you got it for $378.00? What a steal! Hey man, enjoy it!

Mike J.

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Nice bass! I haven´t tried the BTB sp I can´t really judge those basses myself..

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    actually that´s the best part :eek:
    i tried some Soundgears but the neck was too thin...

very comfortable transition between a Fender Jazz and the BTB

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, Dave:)

You got a good deal on a great bass. Enjoy!

9. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    great deal, man! i love that finish too!

10. That is a sweet bass, and only for $378! Great deal. And I've never seen a BTB with that kind of finish, I've seen red ones but they were always really bright. I like yours better.

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    me too :D

i don´t know about other finishes (i read that btb 400 are only in transparent red) i believe is the same color and finish for everyone... but i still like it...

12. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Geez! What a great deal man! Enjoy it! You deserve it :D

DM

13. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    sweet bass Dave, sweet price too...

enjoy!