1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My new bass (pinstriped)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Clarkeee7, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Clarkeee7

Clarkeee7

Apr 14, 2010
    First off my name is Steve, I'm 16 and I'm in a band. I have been playing bass for about a year now. I have been looking on this forum for about a week and just made an account today.

So on to my new bass...

Before this I had an Ibanez that came in the Ibanez jumpstart package. My brother has a Fender Mustang. I always like his better then mine because it is a shortscale bass. I also like the look of fender basses better then any other type. I did not have enough money for a mustang so instead i traded my Ibanez and a Squire Strat elecric guitar for a Squire Bronco at Guitar Center. I liked the way that it looked but wanted to improve it. So two days later I brought it to get pinstriped and i got it back today. I am very happy with the way it come out.

img_0121Modified.

Tell me what you guys think.

2. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Welcome to the Low End! Modding already! :bassist: You're with the right group :D Nice Bass - Nice Stripes!

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Very cool...

Can I offer some old-guy advice? Trading *anything* to GC is always a rip-off... next time, sell your gear and then buy it.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

4. Clarkeee7

Clarkeee7

Apr 14, 2010
    Thanks do you have any other ideas for Mods?

Yeah I know I just don't have anyway to sell it. I don't drive any my parents wont let me use ebay or craigslist to sell anything.

5. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    Steve, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??? Your only 16, only been playing for a year, and already you have one of the coolest basses I have ever seen! Welcome to the group, and I hate you (not really, but jealousy makes you say stupid things!).

6. Clarkeee7

Clarkeee7

Apr 14, 2010
    Thanks a lot.

7. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'd throw StrapLocks on and play it a while. It really looks sharp as-is and the StrapLocks will keep it safer.

8. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I love broncos... the are so bright and snappy, they just need better tuners.

9. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    Watch out: in a couple of months, you'll realize you're spending most of your practice time surfing on Talkbass.

:D

Welcome! Nice pinstripes!

10. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    That pinstriping is sexy.

11. Clarkeee7

Clarkeee7

Apr 14, 2010
    Thanks im definetly going to get those I once had my old bass fall out of my strap and hit me in the face (lol) thank god the floor was carpet and it didn't get damage.
    True im actually gettinng mustang tuners for it in the near future.

12. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Straplocks would be nice. There are one or 2 basses like that floating around TB with G&L MFD pickups in them that look cool as hell and probably sound amazing. Electronics upgrade?

13. Clarkeee7

Clarkeee7

Apr 14, 2010
    Thanks guys.

14. Clarkeee7

Clarkeee7

Apr 14, 2010
    A new pickup would be nice but the one that's in there now is a guitar pickup would that cause any problems? I like the sound but i know it could sound better.

15. Nice!... and you posted proof of your story (the pic)!

16. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Quite honestly I love the stock sound of the bronco. I'd (personally) be too scared to change the pup for fear it take away the snappiness, edge, zing of the little thing!

17. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA

18. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Welcome to the forum Steve! That is one mighty fine paint job. Marco was right in saying you'll be spending your time on here, and then you'll see what people have been doing with their basses and get a severe case of GAS and before you know it you'll find TalkBass is an expensive hobby despite it being free :) Welcome.

19. Clarkeee7

Clarkeee7

Apr 14, 2010
    Yeah it does have a cool sound the way it is. If I did want to change it i would look around here and youtube to see what pickups other people have put in and how it sounds but if i do that it wont be for a while.

20. Clarkeee7

Clarkeee7

Apr 14, 2010