1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new bass solo video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bill_banwell, Aug 13, 2012.

1. bill_banwell

bill_banwell Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Hi everyone, I'm new to videoing myself, but thought i would share this clip of me playing. The bass is a 1990 Warwick Streamer Stage I, modded with Nordstrand Big singles and a Aguilar obp-3 Pre-amp.

Let me know what you think, im just improvising and playing about with some chords and idea's.

Cheers.

2. Very nice man! Dig the bass. I'm not much for chording but you do it really well. Very melodic. Great job

3. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Very nice playing...

4. jeff5311

jeff5311

Jan 27, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Love it! You have so much effortless speed. Especially on those descending runs. Care to share how how u developed this? :)

5. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Thanks for the compliments :) I guess I developed the speed by just practicing scales and arpeggios with a metronome and gradually building up the tempo, but its not something i really do anymore, i tend to just noodle and feel my way around the bass!

6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Thats a wonderful clip Redhotbassist! Nice playing, great phrasing, and wonderful tone! Thanks for sharing!

7. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Great playing bro!!! And a beautiful bass as well. I for one would love to see more pics of the bass and you playing it. Great all around!!

8. That was very nice! Good work!

9. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Thanks guys for the kind words.

@bass10bfb, i'll try and copy some pic's of it from facebook and link them up here.

More video's to come.. so if you like them please subscribe to my youtube channel :)

10. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Another improvisation video on the way very soon! :)

11. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
  12. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

May 9, 2011
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Great playing, I really enjoyed your use of chords, I've been working on that myself.

13. wmheilma

wmheilma

Jan 5, 2010
    Nice! Your improvisation skills are terrific. I like your chord voicings! Have you done a solo recording other than just youtube videos?