Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass (sound bite)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Aug 13, 2003.

1. It's a Charvel 5 string active p/j. I bought it used for $150, not a bad deal if you ask me :D

Here's a sound bite. I'd get a pic but my mom won't let me take a pic or something. It sounded fine on my computer, but when I listen to the attachment it sounds a bit fuzzy. And for some reason it sounds like a fretless towards the end of the clip, my EQ thing screwed up :D

2. Remember this is only my opinions, but it is most definitly it being a computer recording. I think it sounds like poop on a stick on fire and flinged against a old mans window. He then licks it off thinking it is choclate. I must admit it has a certain trumbone like sound to it though.

3. 1. :D

2. Yes

3. My sound card is poo

4. Hahahahaha, great words.

5. I thought this was talkbass...........not talktrombone?!

lol....yea, the charvels really impress me nowadays, they just end up being really awesome for the prices we're paying nowadays, well, enjoy!

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

HEll yes. it osunds like a trombone.

7. Alright, so that one sound like a trombone. What does this one sound like, then? And yes it's a bass. I don't remember what effects I used...

By the way, I cut it short. File was too big.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    One of those pipes you blow into. Lots of africans use em.

9. Are you ensenuating I am black? Sir, I will not tolerate any racist comments.

:D
    I'm mexican anyway.

10. Yofclef

Yofclef

May 29, 2000
    USA Austin, Texas
    Yo Garrett,
    I must agree with the other Posters here...It did not come out as it should have! I guess you needs one of the recording software programs to get a Better sound. But, I'll bet that you are Happy with your new BASS!!!
    Clifton

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

Much.....better.... :p

12. Clif! It's me from AB dude :D :D

13. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Being a trombone player I totally resent the trombone comments in this thread. We don't all sound like crap.... Some of us are quite good. [quallabone toots his own horn]

14. Yofclef

Yofclef

May 29, 2000
    USA Austin, Texas
    Yo Garrett,
    I know it's you...That's how I got here...From your Post at AB!!
    Clifton

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That one sounds like you are under water!:D

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this is not a basses type thread, but rather recordings, so i'll move it there presently.

17. jware

jware

Aug 14, 2003
    Oh great, this is just what the world needed; A young racist.:mad:

18. Nah it's ok. When I posted it I knew I had it coming, he threw in a ":p" thing so I don't really care.

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    nyarg! and I was going to throw it at you :p

well, I would have if he included pictures.

20. The new recording sounds like a upright bass with my head dipped into a pool. You are on the bottom playing the upright bass with a small combo amp. :)