1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My NEW bass, the BEST bass for METAL!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blindeddie, Feb 4, 2016.

1. first off, i don't have it in my eager paws just yet, but it's on it's way to me tomorrow. Brent Monson just finished building my brand new, original design that i created a couple of years ago. it took me a little while to keep revising little things here and there to get it exactly like i wanted it but it looks like Brent has done it again and absolutely NAILED IT! some of you may remember a few years back, i posted on here my FIRST original creation that i had Brent build for me, it was called the Monson Hellrazor. it's a KILLER beast of a bass as well, and i loved it so much i HAD to have another, but a fretless this time. Brent has been such a great guy to work with and i could not dream of having a better working relationship with such a stand-up guy. So, i was definitely eager to work with him again. Brent does amazing work. He's great to deal with. Communicates well, and promptly! A real straight-shooter and honest person. absolutely ZERO ********. He does exactly what he says he's going to do and when he's going to do it! but i guess most importantly, his attention to detail and the final product speak for themselves. The Hellrazor is an awesome bass, so i'm confident this new bass, we are calling the Cryptid, is going to be just as good, if not better. i will keep you posted when it arrives and try to put up some sounds. fingers crossed she arrives safe and sound! \m/

Attached Files:

JTSmitty likes this.
  2. Lovely! Great lines. I would absolutely rock that in a non-metal context.

3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Very cool. Are there controls hidden on it somewhere? Maybe my computer screen isn't rendering the pics well, but I'm not seeing knobs. Or is it just made to go wide-open?

4. NOPE! the Lace Sensor Man-O-War humbucker is hotwired straight to the jack. so, no signal loss to pot loading. full blast all the time! BUT i did have Brent route a control cavity just in case i ever wanted to add something.

5. here's a couple more pics!

Attached Files:

6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Cool. It's not just for metal anymore! I like it. :)