My new bass, WOOHOO !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jun 26, 2001.

1. I got my new bass !!!! :D

it's an Ibanez BTB400QMTK

( it's the black one, a.k.a. Transparant Black )

Ok.. here's the story.. about 3 weeks ago i went to the local music-store, to order an Ibanez EDB600GP.. they told me it takes a week to get here bla bla bla..

So a week later i stopped by to ask if they had any news on when i could expect my bass.. " Oh sh#T !! sorry sir..i forgot to order it.. "

So another week later i rang them to see what took my bass..
    and then they told me that it had just arrived at the distributioncentre, and i would receive it next tuesday ( today that is )

So i went to the store today to pick up my dark-grey EDB600.. and what do you know ? the f#cks ordered a pearly-white EDB600.. ARGH !!! :( :( ( and a lot of explicit words came to my mind )

But then i saw her... there she was.. a black 4-string Ibanez BTB... i fell in love on the second i saw her... so i asked the sales-person if i could try her out..

then it happened.. i plugged her into a Trace-elliot 300watt combo, and touched one of her strings.. WOAH !!! it gave me an instant boner.. that sound is like.... Devine !! :D

The BTB costs 1375 guilders ( $ 531 ) and the EDB is 1295 guilders ( $ 500 ).. so the choice between a white EDB and a black BTB wasn't that hard ;p

it's instant love i tell you.. the BTB and myself we are the dynamic duo.. this baby plays smooth and her voice is soo sweet.. WOAH !!!! :D :D
  2. those things sure are nice looking. enjoy 'er, and congrats.
  3. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Congratulations on your new bass dude! I wanted to get one of those BTBs.. :) Enjoy!
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations, Allodox!:)

I think that in the long run you will be happy with your decision. The Ergodyne series is better than the Soundgear, but IMHO the BTB blows it away.
  5. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    really good bass! muck better in my opinion than the first you are a lucky guy!!
  6. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Purdy! Do they make that in 5 string?

7. they sure do :)
  8. And a 6 ;)

The finish is a lot more glossy in real life, not as flat. I'm gonna get me a BTB405QMTB, as the blue shows a lot more of the quilting(IMO).

But, the black can double as purple in certain light conditions...;)

Why did Ibanez discontinue the purple finishes anyway?
  9. I'm sure as heck getting me a 5-string version(BTB405QM). Congrats, AllodoX! And good choice!
  10. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    Congrats !
    It looks really nice !
    I tried one (5 strings) very recently and really liked it.
  11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Damit :D

I currently own a Washburn XB500. I always thought that my next bass purchase would be Warwick Corvette or Thumb.....Now you are getting me all excited about the Ibanez BTB405QM series... *drool*
    I must admit, they are very nice looking.. Hmm.. gotta go to a Ibanez dealer and try one out.

Thanks for making my life more complicated :D
  12. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I played a 5 string BTB a while ago. I didn't like it much, although it had INCREDIBLY low action. Like it was so bad that you couldn't pick at all without getting the slightest fret buzz, and it wasn't plugged in.

I'm sure they're great basses though, I've heard tons of good things about them. Congratulations.
  13. Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    i think i'm getting a btb1005 sometime in the next few months :oops:) or for christmas
  14. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    I just checked out the BTB 5 string at lunch. Awesome. I was thinking of the Yamaha RBX765. But the BTB blew it away. It had a better B and awesome EQ. The neck is definitely fat and thick. Plenty of bass and treble tone.
  15. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I also went to my Ibanez dealer at lunch...unfortunately here in Iceland they don´t have much variety in stock :-( They only had GSR200 and the soundgear series. I tried them a bit and I didn´t like them.

It pretty much sucks living in Iceland when you want to try out a new bass. The music stores here carry very little selection of basses, very little variety. I´ve been drooling over many basses over the net, only to find out that the stores here carry 1, maybe 2 different kinds of basses for every brand. That is not good :(
  16. Allodox, congrats on your new bass. I've checked out just about every BTB model they make, and, they're ALL excellent axes. Anyone here that's thinking of getting one should. You won't regret it.

Good luck with it,
    Mike J.
  17. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Dam that was a quick reply :D