My new Bass!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Hello everybody, happy fourth of july to the people that celebrate it! i just thought i'd show off my new bass, made by tb's own hambone, modorator extrordinaire. The pictures probably say more than i can, so take a look. Otherwise, here are the specs:

Poplar body
    Flame ash veneer top
    Ivoroid/black/ivoroid binding
    Maple fb/maple neck
    Contoured headstock
    Schaller roller bridge
    Passive electronics - Volume/Blend/Tone
    Grover tuners
    Aluminum nut
    EB3 neck pup
    MM 4 bridge pup
    2 part poly finish

It all started when i started a thread about jaguar-shaped basses and Hambone emailed me that he had a prototype jaguar style design, and would let me to purchase it when he was finished. The rest is history! sound samples to come later...

2. here are some more pics... enjoy!

please compliment hambone on the quality job!

3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Whoa! what is this? She looks sweet. :bassist: How does she talk?
  4. teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    I love the styling! It has a real classic vibe to it!!
    Congrats and great work Hambone!!

5. looks great, and should sound as good as it looks. too bad the picture are rather small
  6. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I'd love to hear some clips. I'm betting that pickup combo gives you some interesting possibilities. Enjoy that beautiful bass!
  7. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Wow!! looks great. That neck joint looks interesting. Never have seen something like that before. It looks really cool.

Would like to hear what it sounds like.

Honestly have never been real crazy about the way custom / boutique basses look but that one is way cool.

Great job Hambone.

Enjoy it Superbassman.
  8. levijames

May 29, 2004
    Awesome job!I never imagined that there was a shape for a bass similar to the Fender Jaguar-my all time favorite style.Again,great job
  9. Woodchuck, I'm getting BassMonkee over here this week to lay down some sample clips for everyone to hear. If anyone can get something pleasant out of it, it would be him.
  10. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Very classic look, though I don´t like bindings on a bass.....this one looks killer.
  11. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Awsome looking bass indeed. I like the inlays, stands out and gives the bass a very unique look. Very classy.
  12. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Love everything about it..this thing should be a thump monster!
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, Charlie! Nice bass.:)

Great work, Hambone. That bass is :cool:!
  14. wow,that looks awsome and original.

Man thats a great looking bass.
  15. Just got the bass wired and ran it through some paces.

What a relief! This has got a some cool tone with these TI flats - the first time I've used them. The EB-3 pup soloed ranges from a smooth/woody/organic with bumped treble and - I think the kids are calling it - "dubworthy" bass with the treb rolled off. On the other end, the MM pup is as growly as can be in all modes. No thinness on the top and very full on the bottom. This ain't yo' daddy's slap machine here. This thing cries for some serious fingerwork and responds to it gleefully. I'm dubious of this blend control though. It acts like more of a volume control than a true blend. I guess that I'll pop up into Pickups and have them give me their opinion.
  16. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    This bass is great, has an "old" look but modern enough to be considered a fresh bass.:bassist:
  17. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    *rubs hands together*
    I can't wait to get my mitts on it! :bassist:

I've got some fun stuff we can record it with. Will definitely record it through my Phil Jones Briefcase to get an accurate flat recording.

Then, depending on how long Hammy will humor me, we can run it through my V Bass for some different amp simulations. I'm thinking SVT, B-15, Acoustic 360, and the SWR model for some variation.

And, I'm dying to hear the mudbucker through a Muff Fuzz. :cool:
  18. OH yeah, you can have as much time as needed for this. That SVT should be just about right for this thing.

19. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I want one! But with a MM/Lazz pickup config! Now, where is that blood donation place again?