Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by ackeim, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ackeim

ackeim

Nov 10, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Hey Everybody- Here is my new bass. I bought it from Paul Warburton and had Robert Ross (both from Denver) finish the setup. It is a Calin Wultur 3/4 carved flat back made in Romania. It has a cool carbon fibre endpin and neato hat peg tuners. It is modeled after a Carcassi. I have it strung with Kolstein Heritage strings and use a bass max pickup. Now for the good part, it sounds great and is very easy to play! i have played about 60 basses in the past 12 months and this is the best sounding and easiest playing in the under $6000 range, including a trip to play almost everything at Robertson's.

Attached Files:

2. ackeim

ackeim

Nov 10, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    more

Attached Files:

3. ackeim

ackeim

Nov 10, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    mo

Attached Files:

4. FidgetStone

FidgetStone

Jun 30, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Sweet . . . Congratulations! Beautiful!

Perhaps Mr. Warburton will share his thoughts on the benefits of carbon fiibre end pins. Obviously they are lighter weight but do they change or improve the sound of any given bass.

Congratulations again . . .

5. Congratulations! What a nice bass - I'm also curious about the end-pin…

- Wil

6. jlattuada

jlattuada

Apr 25, 2001
    Richmond, Va
    Congratulations on the Bass. i am curious as too what kind of tuning Gears the bass has? They are quite nice looking.

7. This is a good sounding (and looking ) flat back. It came to me with the carbon fiber end pin and machines. I can't hear much difference in the C F end pin, but the light weight is amazing! The machines came with the bass as well.
    By the way the end pin didn't have the crutch tip. That part was customized by Bob. It had a sharp spike tip that would damage almost any floor.