Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by _Nomad, May 28, 2005.

1. _Nomad

_Nomad

May 25, 2005
    Meråker, Norway
    I recently broke my old bass, and yesterday I bought an MTD Heir 5. What are the thoughts of this bass, any comments?
    I had about $1500 to spend, but I went with the Heir because it seems like the best deal around these days. I was looking at some spector basses, but i realized that I'd probably have to pay $1500 plus to get a bass of such good quality as the Heir. Also, it's my first 5'er, so I decided not to go with a too high-priced bass to begin with (my last bass was a Cort Curbow 4, which I was not at all satisfied with, so I guess everything is a step up.). However, I found that the B string was'nt quite as tight as I want it. Could that be the strings or the setup? I'd be happy for any comments on my purchase, nice to hear what people thinks about the bass :)

Just joined the forum, and I'm already addicted. Great! :hyper:

-Jan Oscar

2. Dell

Dell

Apr 7, 2005
    Ive never heard of a MTD Heir 5, but just looked it up on google... looks quite fun.
    I have only ever owned one 5 string and it was a yamaha. I found the heavier guage strings to be lighter than I expected. A new set of strings sorted it though.

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Pictures......we need to see pictures!!!! :eek:

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I found a picture on Google, and man that thing is sweet! I've never heard of it either, but we need pics from you!

Gotta love the J/Humbucker pickups.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Really? They were quite popular.

6. I can't really give you any feedback on your questions, but i think you made a very good choice, i'm looking to pick one up soon

and yes, we need pics! :bassist:

7. _Nomad

_Nomad

May 25, 2005
    Meråker, Norway
    hmm, funny that no one have heard of it before, seems to be a popular bass, even on the forum..

Anyway, here's a pic of my old bass, poor thing (I dropped it down a stairway and broke the truss rod), and the new one (sorry for the bad pics, and the dirty bass, I've played a lot lately :smug: ):

Attached Files:

8. _Nomad

_Nomad

May 25, 2005
    Meråker, Norway

Attached Files: