1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new bass :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by _Nomad, May 28, 2005.

1. _Nomad

_Nomad

May 25, 2005
    Meråker, Norway
    I recently broke my old bass, and yesterday I bought an MTD Heir 5. What are the thoughts of this bass, any comments?
    I had about $1500 to spend, but I went with the Heir because it seems like the best deal around these days. I was looking at some spector basses, but i realized that I'd probably have to pay $1500 plus to get a bass of such good quality as the Heir. Also, it's my first 5'er, so I decided not to go with a too high-priced bass to begin with (my last bass was a Cort Curbow 4, which I was not at all satisfied with, so I guess everything is a step up.). However, I found that the B string was'nt quite as tight as I want it. Could that be the strings or the setup? I'd be happy for any comments on my purchase, nice to hear what people thinks about the bass :)

Just joined the forum, and I'm already addicted. Great! :hyper:

-Jan Oscar

2. Dell

Dell

Apr 7, 2005
    Ive never heard of a MTD Heir 5, but just looked it up on google... looks quite fun.
    I have only ever owned one 5 string and it was a yamaha. I found the heavier guage strings to be lighter than I expected. A new set of strings sorted it though.

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Pictures......we need to see pictures!!!! :eek:

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I found a picture on Google, and man that thing is sweet! I've never heard of it either, but we need pics from you!

Gotta love the J/Humbucker pickups.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Really? They were quite popular.

6. I can't really give you any feedback on your questions, but i think you made a very good choice, i'm looking to pick one up soon

and yes, we need pics! :bassist:

7. _Nomad

_Nomad

May 25, 2005
    Meråker, Norway
    hmm, funny that no one have heard of it before, seems to be a popular bass, even on the forum..

Anyway, here's a pic of my old bass, poor thing (I dropped it down a stairway and broke the truss rod), and the new one (sorry for the bad pics, and the dirty bass, I've played a lot lately :smug: ):

Attached Files:

8. _Nomad

_Nomad

May 25, 2005
    Meråker, Norway

Attached Files: