Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, May 22, 2001.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Yup.. I've gotten my new Bass!! ^_____^ It is a........................... *drumroll* *CRASH* ITS A 1995 WARWICK STREAMER STAGE I 5! Its a very nice bass indeed. Excellent condition as well.. I bought it used for $1600 with shipping. ended up being $1620. This bass is awesome. The neck is flatter than any Warwick i've played. It has Bartolini Soapbars instead of MEC Js. Gold hardware, 24 frets, 3 band eq etc.. etc.. very nice bass indeed. I will definately take some pictures of the bass. The bass is very heavy :(

:D

2. congrats on the new bass. You've been talking about it for weeks. Can't wait to see some nice pics of it.

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Thanks.. some ppl say that I wont' be able to play it cuz of the thick neck etc... and i have tiny hands.. but you know what.. im taking a challange with the warwick.. to see if i can play it!! ^_^ So Far Im winning!! w00t... I will be using my Salas with the band though.. thats the bass i can go crazy on!!! :D!

DM

4. Hey, DM,

You mentioned your Salas -- have you posted a pic of that bass anywhere?

Also, about your Warwick: is it one of the all-maple ones? I guess maple is just heavy -- the new Brubaker I've been posting about is all-maple, and its weight is pretty astounding.

How does the Warwick SOUND? If it's an all-maple bass with Bart soapbars, it's a very similar setup to my Brubaker, and I'm curious to compare notes!

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  6. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Congrats, I'm sure you'll whip the Warwick butt and show it's who's the boss!

7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I give it a week.

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    To Angus: Screw you :D

To GrooveGuru: we have a gig this friday at a pretty big place! Then I SHALL SHOW THEM!! I played it today at band practice... OH MY GOD IT KICKED SOO MUCH @$$! I've gotten the fingerboard cleaned/lemonoiled. It looks and plays soo cool now :D

DM:D

9. leftybassdog

leftybassdog Senior Supporting Member

Dark, cool bass ! I know what you mean about how heavy warwicks are but a wide strap will fix that, kick its ass at the gig!!!

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Yes, im planning on that! The warwick is just incredible! Kinda midless sounding but still, I play in a metal band. I can cut thru the 2 heavly distorted guitars with the warwick easly! Any kinda notes, high.. low.. even the mids! ^_^ Some TalkBassers here (Ex: ikickuintheballs) will see me play with my band soon! So I guess they can tell you guys if i was a good bass player or not :D

DM