Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Dudie, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden
    I bought this bass from an old gentleman that had a stroke three years ago so he had to stop playing. Its a Otto Rubner, Markneukirchen, 1966. All carved bass. I bought it for 2000 USD. It sounds realy great, has a BIG singing sound with good sustain. Im satisfied :)

2. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden
    What do you think of the price 2000 USD. Was that a reasonable price-tag?

3. Pete G

Pete G

Dec 31, 2001
    Northern Virginia
    If the bass is in good condition and sounds good, it was a steal at that price.

4. Fantastic buy for a carved Rubner!
    Do a Google search for Otto Rubner. Maybe Otto's son.
    These are real nice shop basses. A search may show you how much of a deal you really got.

5. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    You should be in jail for stealing from an old man.

6. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden
    " A search may show you how much of a deal you really got"

I Know :smug:

I was around and played some basses, none of them sounded good. Then i stepped over this bass with that price-tag :eek: I loved the sound. I was signing the contract after 5minutes. When we had coffe afterwards 3 people called, in less than 10 minutes, and was on their way to see the bass.... but i was the winner :)

7. dvmweb

dvmweb

Apr 20, 2002
    Atlanta MI 49709
    :bawl:

This never happens to me!

Oh you lucky fella you. I hope you're thankful for the deal you got. It'll sure keep you grinning when you play.

Good luck;
    Walt MI/US

8. nice grab man. Take care of her

9. it's beautiful, and it matches the rug :cool:

10. You lucky mother...there are some nice Rubners around here,
    but that´s about the nicest and best kept I´ve seen. My good friend has a Rubner from the same year, plays very nice and sounds great. He wouldn´t sell the thing for 5000 euros.

R2

11. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden
    :cool:

Now i must take her to a luthier and do a proper Jazz-setup. I need to lower the string-height and dress the fingerboard.

12. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden