My new Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Dudie, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    I bought this bass from an old gentleman that had a stroke three years ago so he had to stop playing. Its a Otto Rubner, Markneukirchen, 1966. All carved bass. I bought it for 2000 USD. It sounds realy great, has a BIG singing sound with good sustain. Im satisfied :)
  2. Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    What do you think of the price 2000 USD. Was that a reasonable price-tag?
  3. Pete G

Pete G

Dec 31, 2001
    Northern Virginia
    If the bass is in good condition and sounds good, it was a steal at that price.
  4. Fantastic buy for a carved Rubner!
    Do a Google search for Otto Rubner. Maybe Otto's son.
    These are real nice shop basses. A search may show you how much of a deal you really got.
  5. jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    You should be in jail for stealing from an old man.
  6. Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    " A search may show you how much of a deal you really got"

I Know :smug:

I was around and played some basses, none of them sounded good. Then i stepped over this bass with that price-tag :eek: I loved the sound. I was signing the contract after 5minutes. When we had coffe afterwards 3 people called, in less than 10 minutes, and was on their way to see the bass.... but i was the winner :)
  7. dvmweb

Apr 20, 2002
    Atlanta MI 49709

This never happens to me!

Oh you lucky fella you. I hope you're thankful for the deal you got. It'll sure keep you grinning when you play.

Good luck;
    Walt MI/US
  8. nice grab man. Take care of her
  9. it's beautiful, and it matches the rug :cool:
  10. You lucky mother...there are some nice Rubners around here,
    but that´s about the nicest and best kept I´ve seen. My good friend has a Rubner from the same year, plays very nice and sounds great. He wouldn´t sell the thing for 5000 euros.

11. Dudie

Apr 26, 2004

Now i must take her to a luthier and do a proper Jazz-setup. I need to lower the string-height and dress the fingerboard.
  12. Dudie

Apr 26, 2004