Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tp_bass_kid_90, Nov 7, 2005.

1. huh

2. Fender Mexican Deluxe?

That's what I have.

3. Nice! Happy playing

4. i think i should chge the Pick plate. I am think Black with custom Tomorrow's Promise then also where the tone control is put a platnium silver plate there. what do you think?

5. What are you talking about? What promise?

6. My band. it is a design with skulls on it!

7. I think you should do it full balls on!! :bassist:

8. What do you mean? The Platnium would look great where it extends out and I may just put platnium for the pick plate too!

9. black on black would be nice, i'm more a fan of a tortise shell myself, but its your bass. you might want to reconsider putting your band's name on the pickguard, if you guys break up, you're not going to want that on anymore. and what do you mean put a platinum silver plate on it? are you talking about one of the old school metal "ashtrays" like on the marcus miller?

it may look nice in your head, but a few years down the line you might wish you hadn't.

10. No Like where the tome knobs are you can put a platnium plate on it. I may just get a black pick plate and call it good.

11. i think you mean the control plate. whats the real difference between chrome and platinum when you're playing?

12. Looks man! Im metal and the bass needs some mods to look hardcore! I would like people to see my bass and go wow that bass is rad!

13. but it already is rad. if you want to REALLY trick it out, start with the tone. platinum and chrome don't look any different really.

14. I am not one of those people who buys a bass for its looks. I bought the bass causeit sounded great! I would just like to customize it and make it my own!

15. the sound is great! I just would like to make it more metalish. Like Platnium pick plate and Tone plate.

16. Okay, then. You asked, and some of us think it looks "Rad" already. If you want it your way, then do it. It's you that finally had to make the decision. I'd go with any of the ideas you had, except for the band name... FretlessFeak's definitely right about that. If the band breaks up, you're stuck buying ANOTHER pickguard. Find one you like and leave it at that. Leave the band name stuff for shirt logos, or get some stickers made up and put one (or more), on your case.

Great looking axe, by the way! Enjoy! :bassist:

17. Alright bro, you think metal is about looks? That's problem number one. The last group of guys who thought that started a thing called "80's hair metal" and unless you plan on covering or resurrecting "Mhmm Diddly Bop-Bop" then you need to open your eyes.

No offense bro.

Second, I am into pretty much all genres of "metal" these days, and I think your bass already fits in nicely. Now, if you want to be like a skater punk, and slap a bunch of stickers on their from your local skate shop, then by all means, go for it. Just invest in a bottle of SimpleGreen to take the sh*t off when you start to change genres or the band disbands.

Lastly, I'm not trying to bust your balls, but your bass looks fine. If you want to change the looks, then I suggest you getting a black CONTROL plate, and leaving the PICK GUARD alone. Get a Bad Ass bridge if you want too, and maybe some black beautie strings from DR.

If music were about looks... Well, the 80's never would have died, and mankind would be doomed... All that spandex can't be good for the reproductive system... If you know what I mean.

=P
    ~Ryan

18. FYI; Music isn't about looks, but the presentation of it in some genres, such as Metal, is. He's found his sound, now he wants to get a look for the show.