My New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NYBassMan, Dec 4, 2005.

1. NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    I've been bassless for about 9 months and I saw this in the local music store and had to get it. She was used but still a steal at 1300.00. What do you guys think??

2. NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    A few all I need is a new amp..
  3. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Looks cool, what is it?
  4. headstock=meh, but the resst looks cool. congrats and may i susgest a yorkville amp for you

5. A Sukop for 1300? That is a good price!!! Looks nice.

From my experience, Yorkville amps are pretty crummy though :scowl:
  6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I used to be out off by the headstock, but I am really digging it now!
  7. they are not schroder (sp?) but they kick everything else in the price range in the gut.

8. NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    Yeah..I'm pretty tossed up as to what amp I should get. I'm so friggin' confused. I want a combo that kicks ass that I can add a cab later for a good stage rig. Direct out so I can plug right into the board. Something that wont bankrupt me. The bass didn't but I can't spend that much on the rig at the moment.

9. Get one of the Euphonic combo's. You won't be disappointed by an EA!
  10. NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    Well...I found out my wife went out and purchased this lovely little hold me over for christmas. An Ashdown 130 watt combo. Is this a good amp?? I'm not familiar with ashdown.

11. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    hey did you get that at guitarcenter commack? If that's the case i have played that bass. Very nice sound.
  12. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I loved :rollno: my Sukop. It wasn't an incredibly versatile bass, but comfort-wise and playability it was supreme. Mine was fretless, but it cut through the mix like nothing else I've ever played. Highs and lows were so-so, but talk about mids! It was a great bass in a live setting.
  13. chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Not sure about those Ashdown Blue-line amps (those are their budget line) as I've never tried one, but Ashdown makes great amps/cabs IMHO. I bought a MAG210 300 combo for portability (very light and small for what it is), then picked up a 115 cab to kick in the extra power and bass when needed. Loud and clear with ton's of bass-- handles the low B on my 5-stringers very well. Can't say I've been disappointed a second since I made that purchase.

I thought about moving up the ladder to one of their ABM models, but can't really justify it to myself since I'm really liking the sound I'm getting now. Maybe when the MAG dies.